Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app not syncing with computer with GS3

Spotify app not syncing with computer with GS3

There seems to be a problem... My Spotify app isn't syncing with my MAC OSX Spotify application... I've tried to restart both applications and still no devices shows up in the device bar? Anyone esle having this problem. 

6 Replies

My installation has been working flawlessly for approximately 3 months. Today I couldn't get my Galaxy S3 to sync with my Macbook Air. I have made no changes to either so I'm perplexed. Has anyone had a similar problem? Recommended action to correct? Thanks!

Hi. Could you be a little more specific please. Are you saying stuff has disappeared from the mobile or that you have made changes to a playlist on one device which isn't showing on the other? If the latter, how large are the affected playlists roughly?

It's actually a bit odder than that. I added a new playlist and uploaded a track from CD (through iTunes). The Galaxy no longer shows up in the "devices" section of the Spotify player, and when the song downloads to my Galaxy, it's actually a different song, apparently from the same album. I'm pretty sure it's a sync issue and I have deleted the entire data store and Spotify app from my Galaxy. Have reinstalled and I am downloading ~13GB of music now. Not sure if yhis will fix. I'll post results.

OK, keep in touch 🙂

Looks like it's syncing now. Thanks for the assist!

Awesome 🙂 Enjoy the music.

Suggested posts