Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app on Chromebook

Spotify app on Chromebook

Hi I've just gotten a Lenovo Yoga Chromebook C630 but the Spotify app doesn't seem to be working, I've attached a screenshot. My laptop is on the most recent version of ChromeOS. Sorry if this is off-topic but there's no Chromebook board and this is the android app, thanks!
Screenshot 2019-05-23 at 1.55.55 AM.png
5 Replies

Hey @danielnlmorris.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you try loading the Webplayer to see if that works on your Chromebook?

Hope it does. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

This happened to me as well.  I found that when I had my Chromebook lid closed and plugged in to an external monitor, the Spotify app wouldn't load (same black screen).  I unplugged the HDMI cable, opened the lid, relaunched the app, signed in, and now it seems fine.

Hope that helps and hope Spotify will recognize this and rectify.

If it's of any consequence, this does happen to the Netflix app as well so it might be more of a Chrome OS thing that Spotify can't fix.

Hi Guido,

I'm also having this issue on my HP Chromebook. I've used GooglePlay to download the Spotify app, but I get the following image when it is opened. I've read other users advice on 'clearing the cache' but have no way of maneuvering on the app. I really do not want to use the webplayer, I want to use the app. Thanks. 

Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 8.46.05 PM.png

Hey!

Do you have it plugged in to a dock or external monitor by chance? I opened the app while disconnected from my monitor (using just the Chromebook itself), opened the app, and then logged in. After I did that the first time, my app opens properly now if I'm plugged in to the monitor or not.

Suggested posts