Premium

Country

France

Device

Nokia 2

Operating System

Android 7.1.1

My Question or Issue

Hi. My Spotify app stops the music playing after around 2 songs. The song is just stopped but the app stays opened. Any help ?

14 Replies

Hello @user-removed!

I'd recommend reading this article for much more info on how to solve these problems.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/PSA-Samsung-users-please-read/m-p/1334731#U1334731

I hope this helps, Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! Thanks for answering. I tried your solutions but none of them worked..  I have a Nokia device and not a Samsung one, maybe this change something?

Sorry to hear it's still not working. Yes, I noticed you have a Nokia device but I thought that would also help. I don't know if this will help but hopefully you can solve it having a look at this post:

https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000016497
Jose_MSpotify Star

Again, thank you for you support 😉 I tried: clean install, reboot, disable automatic playing, disable background tasks, disable synchronisation on my accounts (to save data). None of these worked but I found out something:

When I use the Wifi connection, i do not have this problem. So I will try lower the quality of the sound with my data.

(Sorry if the translation is bad, I'm not a native speaker!)

Edit: the problem occurs in wifi too after around 8-9 songs....

Sounds like you might not have a good internet connection. Do you have any issues with other apps that use internet connection?

Jose_MSpotify Star

No, only with Spotify! I'm trying to obtain the beta of Android 8.1 (Oreo) to see if the problem vanishes.

Ok! Let me know if that works 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey! Any news about the issue? 

It sounds like this could be a cache issue.

If you still can't solve it is recommend heading here: https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/ and click 'remove all'.
This will mean you'll need to re-download your offline tunes, but it may help.

Thank you, Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi!

I'm still waiting for Android 8.1. Meanwhile,  I tried log out every devices connected, which didn't change anything 😞 Also, I'm downloading a CleanMaster app to delete Spotify's cache. My problem is still here unfortunately.

Edit: Clear cache changes nothing. Also, i don't have the problem when I don't lock my smartphone. Here's something to work on.

Hey @user-removed.

Sorry to hear this, and thanks for your response.

Just to double-check, did you try clicking the 'Remove All' button under 'Offline Devices' here? It's possible these might have become duplicated, causing some problems 🙂

Thanks for letting us know a cache-clear didn't work however. We appreciate the info!

We look forward to hearing back, and we'll carry on seeing what we can suggest.

/M

Hi Melody,

Good idea to double-check as I only disconnected my devices in the first time. I've just deleted my devices allowed to download without connection. Which is different. Anyway, I'm afraid this didn't fix the problem.

Hello! Any news about the update of your OS? Let us know if that works. Also, could you let me know if that also happens on another device? Is it just in your phone or does it also happens on other phones?

Keep me posted 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi! No more news from OS 8.1. I'm starting to think that my problems are linked to the phone. Maybe 1Go RAM isn't enough to use Spotify ? Anyway I'm thinking of buying a new one, ans strongly disrecommend this one!! 😉

Hi again @user-removed@!

Spotify always tries to make sure everyone can enjoy their music regardless of their device.

We can help you further, and would like to see if this happens on other devices as well. There are a couple things I'd recommend doing:

• Check the Lockscreen settings on the phone and ensure that Spotify playback is enabled.
  • Confirm that you tried with mobile data as well.
  • Disable any Cache-clearing apps you might have.
  • Temporarily disable Memory Optimization in the Developer Options to see if it helps.

Let me know how things go 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts