Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app won't connect to 3G network on Samsung GSII ICS

Solved!

Spotify app won't connect to 3G network on Samsung GSII ICS

So yes, two days ago a strange problem started to occur. I tried to listen to music on my phone but the Spotify App just stayed in offline (the offline mode setting wasn't checked). I tried this numerous times untill I got fed up and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Prior to this Spotify worked just fine for almost 3 months on my phone. I tried logging in but nothing happens, the login animation runs for awhile then gives me an error 117, which has something to do with connectivity.

My 3G network works just normal but for some reason Spotify app doesnt seem to be able to connect, tried WiFi network at school and it did work there, so the problem is the 3G network somehow. Anyone have any solutions for this annoying problem?

Cheers, J

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I managed to login with WiFi connection. However Spotify still remains in offline mode whenever I'm in 3G network mode. The program runs perfectly on pc, the problem only occurs on my phone.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi vipix,

You might want to try out what I wrote in another post.

Here it is: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Can-t-get-out-of-offline-mode/m-p/43929#M1790

This solved the problem for me!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

I managed to login with WiFi connection. However Spotify still remains in offline mode whenever I'm in 3G network mode. The program runs perfectly on pc, the problem only occurs on my phone.

I have the same phone and the very same problem with ics and spotify 0.5.1.15g81977995. I need that 3g because of my work outside. Can it be elisa, my carrier's fault? Please fix this, im dying working without spotify.
Marked as solution

Hi vipix,

You might want to try out what I wrote in another post.

Here it is: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Can-t-get-out-of-offline-mode/m-p/43929#M1790

This solved the problem for me!

Thank you! That worked, I contacted support for nothing then 🙂

Suggested posts