Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app won't connect to Sonos

Spotify app won't connect to Sonos

Since the Spotify snafu yesterday, I can't connect to my Sonos speaker through my Spotify Android app.

The white "Devices Available" prompt shows up at the bottom of the Spotify app and I can see my living room player under the "Connect to a Device" menu. But when I click on the Spotify Connect service, nothing happens.

I've reauthorised my Spotify account and reinstalled the Spotify app. Neither works.

Spotify services work fine through the Sonos app but the search/recommendations etc are not as good - I prefer using the Spotify app to be honest.

Help!

31 Replies

Same problem here.

That feature is cool, and I have been using it for as long as it has been available on Android, but honestly it's far from stable tu say the least.

Spotify and Sonos should ensure everything is working before releasing their respective updates. I realize it's not simple and sometimes you want to release fast, but if you want to offer a coherent user experience, you need to ensure the ecosystem you are building can be relied on.

I don't really want to downgrade... Any closer to the solution?

Rollback is never a solution, that is a temporary workaround nothing else... 

And I really hope Sonos and Spotify get their act together and start working on the _real_ solution. 

As a workaround I prefr to use the Sonos App rather than Spotify Connect while they fix the issue 🙂

Just updated to version 8.4.31.723 and it's working again for me.

How??

My Playstore doesn't show any update and I'm still on 8.4.30.688??

I ask the samr question,How?

Where can you find the latest version i just find 8.4.30.688???

8.4.31.723 seems to be a hacked non-official version. I've reported byronbrewer's post to Spotify.

Beta program?

Unlikely. The various .apk sites usually host the betas as soon as they roll out and the latest beta appears to be from 4 December, version 8.4.31.712.

@Joe wrote:

8.4.31.723 seems to be a hacked non-official version. I've reported byronbrewer's post to Spotify.

Wow. Harsh much? I got it from the Play Store. 

Screenshot_20171206-215227.png

@heer2351 wrote:

Beta program?

No. It just showed up for me last night. No idea how or why. 

Suggested posts