Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app won't play any music

Spotify app won't play any music

Hi all

This morning I went to play some music on my phone and basically it just isn't working. It showed the 'play' button (the circle with the arrow in) but the slider wasn't moving and there was no sound. I was able to move the slider further along in the song and it allowed me to do this but remained stationary and no music was playing. I tried pressing pause and then play again and sometimes it will play a split second before goinh silent again. I have tried forcing it to stop and also uninstalled and reinstalled the app three times and it's still not working.

I checked it on my laptop and it seems to be working fine on there. However, I use it 99% of the time on my phone so this is really annoying. Can anybody help?

Also, is it possible to contact Tech Support directly and how would I do that? I have tried using the help menus but all they suggest is to uninstall/reinstall and no mention of what to do if that doesn't work!

Many thanks! 

7 Replies

Ignore this.. after I posted I saw the note about the clean installation, tried it, sorted! 🙂

Hi, first off can you try a clean install using the guid elinked below:

Please read the guide linked below for details on getting a completely clean install of the Spotify app. This should be the first step and can help resolve issues such as:

- Black screen on startup
- Offline data not storing on SD card
- Random crashes or FC's
- Track degradation or skipping
- Playlists and tracks no longer available

[GUIDE] First step of troubleshooting - Clean Install

As for your second question, you can contact Spotify Support via twitter (@SpotifyCares) or using the contact form here.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks Daniel, as I mentioned, I have completed a clean install. 

It seemed to be working when I checked it immediately after, but I just tried to use it and it's doing the same thing again. 

I'll contact tech support.

Hi, sorry think I was writing my reply as you were posting you'd fixed it.

Hope Support help you.

Android Troubleshooting:

Ha ha no worries!

I've used the contact form for tech support. In the meantime I did a second clean install and it seems to be working, although I'm now scared to turn the music off in case it happens again! 

OK, if it does happen again I recommend reading & following the clean install guide linked in my signature. It contains more detail and additional checks to make to get a truely clean install.

Android Troubleshooting:

That was the one I used, I saw your response to another poster. I've downloaded the ES File Explorer and deleted all the appropriate files, my phone doesn't have an SD card.

It's still working now (although haven't tried turning it off and coming back to it) so keeping my fingers crossed! 

Thanks for your help!

Suggested posts