Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify automatically closes the instant I log in. No error message.

Solved!

Spotify automatically closes the instant I log in. No error message.

I decided to do a series of updates on my Samsung Galaxy S5 a few days ago. After the updates had completed I had several issues, but particularly with snapchat and Spotify. Whenever I open the app it simply disappears, as if I press the home button on the phone. When I log out or reinstall and try to log in, I get the new info on the running stuff, but when I press done on that, the same happens.

I first tried to clear the cache. That did not help

Then I uninstalled and reinstalled, which did not help either.

Then I installed the latest version of the Samsung firmware, did nothing

Then I tried to install older versions, which did not help either (but fixed the issue with Snapchat)

After that I did a clean of the entire phone and set it back to its factory settings, reinstalled Spotify, still, nothing. Also tried to log in with facebook, and a normal log in, no difference.

Any tips here?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 16GB, no SD card, now with the factory firmware.

I have a premium account

Each time I reinstall I use the latest version of Spotify.

Any help is appreciated

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks!

We're aware of an issue with Samsung S5s running a slightly older version of Android 5.0. As the Android firmware update isn't currently avaialble to you, you can download a slightly older version of our app.

Just head to your phone's Settings > Security > check 'Unknown sources'. Then head to this link to download the app.  Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there!

Can you let us know which version of the Android firmware you're using?

We'll see what we can suggest.

Android version: 5.0.

I had new newest version of Lollipop before I reset the phone to factory state.

Marked as solution

Thanks!

We're aware of an issue with Samsung S5s running a slightly older version of Android 5.0. As the Android firmware update isn't currently avaialble to you, you can download a slightly older version of our app.

Just head to your phone's Settings > Security > check 'Unknown sources'. Then head to this link to download the app.  Let us know how it goes.

I'm running an S5 on 5.0 as well and had the same problem.

After trying everything else, this helped me.

Spotify is working again. Thanks!

Will this fix be incorporated to future Spotify releases?

Cheers!

Awesome!

We're glad you're able to enjoy your tunes again.

Our team's working on this as we speak.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

When I try to access the link I get directed to a webpage with a webpage with the following message:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below:

Error...

Hi,
try to remove the last dot from the url!

Suggested posts