Spotify automatically plays/opens after calls and when turning car on

Highlighted

Spotify automatically plays/opens after calls and when turning car on

jpaulo91

Whenever i start my car , spotify opens and plays the last song. I can reinstall app, can restart my phone and it stills opening.

Itnalso opens after every phone call and plays song.  

My phone is a note 8, with lastest software installed. Same for spotify (was reinstalled today)

This is very annoying.  Could anyone help?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Note 8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Have anyone faced it? How did it resolve?

It seems to be an android-spotify thing...

2 Replies

Re: Spotify automatically plays/opens after calls and when turning car on

VlPerth
Music Fan

So annoying! This has been happening for me for months, and when I did a search I found many other people reporting it. My only way to stop it is to log out of my Spotify account after I've listened and log in again every time I want to use it. The problem seems to be being ignored (as is my problem of my Daily Mixes being exactly the same - same songs, same order - on my phone for the past few weeks, which has stopped me from being able to use Spotify at all.)

Re: Spotify automatically plays/opens after calls and when turning car on

jaguate

I have the same issue. When I get in my car Spotify notices a Bluetooth connection and starts automatically. I can swipe up to turn it off and it automatically starts again. ANNOYING! Best example was I was on my bike, phone in my jersey pocket. My fiancée was driving my car to assist on a long ride and when she got within 20 feet of me on my bike Spotify came on in my car! Ridiculous.  HOW DOES THIS GET TURNED OFF?

SUGGESTED POSTS