Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify automatically "deletes" offline songs

Spotify automatically "deletes" offline songs

Hello, I've a problem with Spotify...
I have 10GB of downloaded music and suddenly, Spotify does not recognize dowloaded songs (watching the app's info the space occupied is still 10GB) and it starts to download them again...
In this way when I'm not connectet to a wifi connection and I wanna listen to music it uses mobile data or a lot of track are not available. It is not possible that I have to download 10GB of music twice a week!

I tried Google Play Music and I had not this problem.

5 Replies

I get you - and have had the self-same issue. Often the explanation was a corrupted cache. However, after a week of trying both Deezer and Google Play I've re-subscribed to Spotify premium. Why? The Google Play app was horrendous to use on my android phone (could not scroll in any controlled manner) and took forever to download (no means of batch DL'ing via Songs like Spotify). And Deezer was hopeless at playing. Prior to this I was having to redownload my entire Spotify DL library twice a week to both my offline andoid devices. Each time I did this Spotify thought I was adding a new offline device!  An th only advice I had was to contnually uninstal, reinstall and redowload.Anyhow, I'm back and see how it goes. Also, gotta say - Spotify beats the others in terms of design and playlists etc. 

Welcome to the club man...

This bug hit me 2 times in the 2 last days...

A lot of bugs for the minimum of solutions. This is $potify.

The excellent design doesn't make everything. The priority for a streaming platform must be the quality of the service above all... 

I'll try Apple Music or Tidal... There is even Soundcloud Go. 

I'm happy that it is not just a my problem, so this means that it is a bug...
Btw I think that this is not fair... I pay for offline music, why should Spotify use my mobile data when I use it? It uses my data and I need to buy more GBs lol
There is no sense! I have a family plan and if the next month the problem is not solved I will not renew the subscription. If I pay for something that I don't receive, there is no sense to pay for it then...

I am deciding to err on the side of optimism this time round and start from the basics of simple solutions or reinstalling when I do have problems, but gotta say the support isn't great for specific problems like not being able to tell apart my two offline devices in the list. Anyhow, giving them another chance because the two alternatives I just tried had their own problems and features-wise I do otherwise think Spotify is the best. 

For the two last days, I used more than 35 Go on my personal data because of the bug... And it was useless because the following day, the bug hit again... So at this day I have no more data left...
Spotify cost me a lot for nothing. I simply can't use the app outside... It is just ridiculous.

Right now, I'm using the home Wi-Fi but it is awfully slow...

I swear I started to re-download songs last night at 11pm.... The loading finished today at 5pm.

Spotify can't be the best option. No way. It would be scary.

I like the Apple Music design. The Tidal's too. And I do love the music on Soundcloud Go...
I could easily switch to all of those companies like all of those experienced an issue on Spotify.
Just because the fact that Spotify doesn't seem to listen their customers....

I repeat. This bug is dating of Methuselah...
So why should I waste my energy and my money on an irregular app with a ghostly customer service ?

Suggested posts