Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify automatically switches my storage from external SD card to internal storage

Spotify automatically switches my storage from external SD card to internal storage

Plan Premium

Country Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5

Operating System

Android 8

My Question or Issue

Spotify randomly switches my storage location from my external SD card (which I set myself) to the internal storage on my phone, which removes all of my music from "save offline" and makes my phone run slower because there isn't a lot of internal storage on my phone. When I try to change it back, it says there is a problem with the SD card which I know isn't true. This happens anywhere from once every two weeks, to twice a day. I've already tried every fix I can find and so far nothing has worked. I'm getting really annoyed with spending hours redownloading all of my music after struggling to get it to the right storage location for 30 minutes, and I would love to finally have a fix to this issue. I have the most recent updates for my phone and spotify, as well.

3 Replies

Hello!

So yesterday after work it happened again. I openend spotify and the downloaded playslists were gone and so was the option for selecting the storage.

The sd is good, I also use Castbox for podcast on the sd and it's working without problems. My camera saves the photos and videos to the sd and they are perfectly available.

I did all steps indicated on this post several times (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Tapping-quot-Storage-quot-won-t-work-and-I-can-t-save-mey-l...) , plus giving permissions, but it just worked until next opening of the app.

Support please!

Sooooo frustrating. I have this exact same problem. I usually have to download my music all over again every 2 weeks.q

Sooooo frustrating. I have this exact same problem. I usually have to download my music all over again every 2 weeks.

Suggested posts