Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify being unbelievably slow

Spotify being unbelievably slow

My spotify is so slow atm. If I try click on any artist from the album screen it just shows "Go online to see the menu"... Constantly pauses music and on the app carries on the timer bar and then a minute or so later will unpause itself. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, fully up to date and it's a pain in the **bleep**.
4 Replies

Hey @Eupherona, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you first try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? If this doesn't work, we can try a few other things.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I have done a clean install and reset my phone to factory and it still does the same. Very very annoying!

Hi @Mlosier!

Let's try this out: go to your phone's Settings > Battery > tap the three-dot icon at the top Battery optimization > tap the drop-down arrow > All apps > Spotify > Don't optimize.

Let us know if this does the trick 🙂

This is a lame response. I meant this statement for initial response. But I suspect it's an issue with database response for the ability to update things. I see this all the time. Sometimes completely closing the app aka clearing it from memory works. I'm experiencing the same issue now and clearing it from memory did not work. In the past it just starts working again fine without having to do anything like reinstalling or clearing cache. Why I suspect once the ability of the app to update the database had caught up. Just another weak aspect of spotify's usability/development skills.

Suggested posts