Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Acer

Operating System

Android (4.4.2)

My Question or Issue

After An update met Spotify relaunches itself and stops playing the current song after i wanted to go to the current playing song. Opening Spotify itself doens't give problems. It only occurs when pressing the current song bar on the Bottom of pressing on the song on the toolbar of my phone.

Didn't know how to fix this problemen. Thanks for the help 🙂 have a good Day.

8 Replies

Hey @Ivarpaus.

Could you send us the exact Spotify version numbers? Also, have you tried logging out and back in to see if it helps?

I'd also suggest you try restarting your phone by holding the power button, and touching the restart option.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

This looks similar to my (still not resolved) problem!

I have the same Acer tablet with the same Android version, and I have restored the tablet to it's factory settings yesterday.

I have reinstalled Spotify, but it still fails in the same way as described above.

I realize that another thread (with screendumps) has been created by me some weeks ago, so I hope that this issue is brought back to the attention of the support team.

Another issue is that I cannot use my new hi-speed micro SD card to store the offline tracks: the option in the configuration screen is missing!

Anyway, I sincerely hope that the "restarting bug" which is the most important one will be fixed soon! this tablet has NEVER had this issue before!

Regards from The Netherlands, 

Tom

Hello,

I just donwloaded the latest version of spotify for my phone (v. 8.4.63.584) but the problem still persist as shown in what i stated before.

After re-opening spotify and going to the current song spotify closes. Restarting my phone doesn't solve the problem

Greetings,

Hey folks!

Thanks for getting back to us with this info.

Do you have access to a different Spotify account you could use to see if it behaves the same?

If it does the same, let us know if you're both getting a red banner stating your Android system needs to update to keep using Spotify.

Keep us posted.

I only have one premium Spotify account.

However, I can set up a second one, but that will be a FREE version (I only pay for my current one).

Will that be appropriate for this test?

Yep! You can test this out regardless of the account status, so you can use a Premium or Free account to give it a shot.

Give us a shout when you test it out.

I have just created a new Spotify account on a completely new installed Acer Tablet (A3-A20FHD, set back to factory settings).

Unfortunately I have the same problems:

1. Swiping from one track to another sometimes works, but the app restarts most of the times 

2. The same problem when bringing Spotify to the background. The music plays until I bring Spotify back to the foreground after some minutes

I hope that this info can help to resolve this problem. At this moment thetablet is unuseable for Spotify, and it has worked for several years without any problem.

Extra info: the storage location also cannot be chosen, so all offline tracks are stored on the internal memory rathet than the large micro SD card... but this is not the most important issue.

Any news regarding this issue?

I have tried another new created account but it did not resolve the problem...

Suggested posts