Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify closing immediately after opening.

Solved!

Spotify closing immediately after opening.

I've been a premium user for a few months now and use spotify every single day. Today it randomly stopped working and has been closing immediately after being opened. I have reinstalled it multiple times, rebooted my phone, cleared any cache and even updated my phone. I need help as fast as possible as I use this app on a daily basis and will quickly replace this app with another if I can't get this fixed quickly.

Nexus 6

Android 7.0

Spotify 8.4.1.846 

Update: Would previously show the home screen with nothing loaded for a split second and at one point even loaded a music suggestion for a new album then closed immediately. Now it just goes black immediately after opening spotify.

Sidenote: I know this has supposedly been solved by other users but none of these so called solutions have worked for me, even the temporary work around of using airplane mode to open the app. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay! Mine is working after I did this. Click on the app, immediately turn off WiFi before the app closes. My app is working now and I turned my WiFi back on. Hopefully this sticks.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I've got the same problem too. The app won't even open.

Yeah mine has been doing the same thing. Tried updating, uninstalling, restarting my phone, and nothing works.

Same problem here - Im using an LG Nexus 5x with android 7.1.2.
Marked as solution

Okay! Mine is working after I did this. Click on the app, immediately turn off WiFi before the app closes. My app is working now and I turned my WiFi back on. Hopefully this sticks.

I have the same issue. Did you manage to get it working again by now? 

Suggested posts