Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify code resulting in linking the whole album, not the song the code belongs to

Spotify code resulting in linking the whole album, not the song the code belongs to

Basically as the title says, I printed out some codes of my favourite songs as some kind of DIY, but many of them are from the same album. They all just link me to the album, not to the songs they should be linking me to. All the codes are unique so it is confusing. Not sure if it should be this way?

Spotify free version, Redmi Note 7, Android 10.

10 Replies

Hey there @aetreia!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. Sorry for the delayed reply.

Can you send us links to the songs that you're referring to, we'd love to take a closer look?

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, i am having the same problem on Android, i try a lot of codes and all of them bring me to the album and not to the song, i tried a lot of solutions (uninstall the app and reinstall, empty the cache, restard the device, exc...) but the problem remains, i tried 5 different smartphone (samsung, asus rog phone, realme, xiaomi and apple) only on ios the search from the code works, i read all your answers and tried all your solution, but i think that the problem is from Spotify, because i tried 5 different smartphone

Hey there @Ombra

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Would you mind sending us the URI of the songs you're having issues with? To get them, follow the steps here.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Sum 41 • Underclass Hero
https://open.spotify.com/track/1OTvWduKQV0MQd2gnGM9He

This is not the only Song.... But you can use this like example

Hi @Ombra,

Thanks for sending us this info. 

We checked this on our end and we can confirm that it's expected behaviour that the code opens the album where the song is in, but the specific song you scanned is the one that should start playing. Could you let us know if this is how it works for you?

If it doesn't, would you mind sending us a screen recording of the issue happening? You can upload it to another platform like Google Drive or YouTube and send that link or you can also attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

this is another, the song is Pupo - Su di noi, but the code bring me to the album and not to the specific song...

in attached the Spotify Code

and here is the link of the song

https://open.spotify.com/track/4FXsyQPrs822I6DQjrdm8O?si=71871fd524d34cbf&nd=1

Su di noi - Pupo.png

Hey @Ombra

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We checked that code on our end and it seems to be for a different song from the same album. Remember that as I mentioned above, it's expected that when scanning a code, it'll take you to the album that song is part of, but the specific song is the one that should play.

If it's not how it works for you, could you send us a a screen recording so we can take a closer look?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator

Hi Eni, Same thing is happening with me too. On scanning the code, it opens the album and doesn't play the song. There is no use of the code. pls help. thanks

Hey @Pooja356,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you send us the code so we can check on our end?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

They have know about this issue for years and all the tips and tricks they tell you to do never work. I was wanting a tattoo for a song but always takes me to the start of the ablum! Doesn't even play, I have to scroll and select to play, everytime on every code this happens. So when they tell you to send this and that, close, open reinstall bla bla bla, don't bother it doesn't work. And they know it doesn't. 

Suggested posts