Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect not working since v8.4.42.679 beta

Solved!

Spotify connect not working since v8.4.42.679 beta

Hi,

I have two Spotify Connect devices in my network, a Jam Rhythm and an August WR320. My smartphone is a Xiaomi Mi5s running Android 8.1 (Lineage OS 15.1 with root).

I never had problems with Spotify connect, but since v8.4.42.679 beta I am unable to find connect devices with the app. When the connect device is logged in (via PC) everything is working fine, but as soon as I log out or someone else logs in, the device gets invisible.

With v8.4.41.785 beta everything is working fine. Please fix the problem asap, as I cannot update anymore.

If you also experience issues, here's the working version (uninstall the newer one first): https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-8-4-41-785-release/

Thanks!

26 Replies

I think everybody with a rooted handy like using LineageOS has this problem.

"Me too"

I'm running five different Adroid devices here with LineageOS - all with the same problem on spotify.

This should be a result after taking care of people who are trying to use spotify for free to close the app in a way that takes affect on us.

If you are using Windows App with the same account you won't have a problem.

I'm using the latest working beta und switch off the update for it.

In this way Adroid Auto is working and the App together with Raumfeld speakers.

Sometimes I have to start the spotify App out of the Teufel / Raumfeld App to see all speakers.

In basic:

Tidal is working on Android Auto now, Tidal is playing together with the Raumfeld App.

Amazon Music supports now google cast and is playing on Raumfeld / Teufel speakers of the Generation 2 and with Android Auto.

Both are working with LineageOS devices 😉

Frank

Thanks for the fast reply.

Unfortunately it seems that for me there is no "last working beta", since i tried different older versions without success.

Switching to spotify from raumfeld doesn't help as well.

And yes, you're right:

Spotify connect with Windows or Linux (not Android) is working without any problems.

I'm having these problems for weeks now and i'm really getting frustrated, so i think i'll contact spotify directly.

Following Situation:

- Tablet (no CustomRom, not rooted)

- Smartphone (no CustomRom, but with open bootloader and rooted)

- Devices: Raumfeld OneM/ Raumfeld Connector (FW: 2.3) and Roberts S300

- Spotify Family Account

On the Tablet all Devices are visible via SpotifyConnect, also on the Mac Desktop App. On Smartphone no Speaker visible.

Workaround:

Connect with DesktopApp to Speaker, the App on Smartphone see the Speaker. Now stop playing from DesktopApp and connect to Speaker with your Phone. Don't use the 3 dots to logout from Speaker, then you have to start from the beginning.

It's a frustraiting solution for people who pay for Premium and want to root your own Device.

Marked as solution

Someone finally found a solution: https://github.com/AdAway/AdAway/issues/1009#issuecomment-388294432

Working like a charm for me!

Good to hear that. Unfortunately that didn't work for me since i'm not using AdAway.

For me Spotify finds Yamaha without Adaway but doesn't with Adaway active. Suggested solution works for me. Surprising is, that with Adaway non active, the hosts file contains record, which has to be corrected, when Adaway is active.

Thanks for the Link to Github.

I also use Adaway and renaming the entry for ipv6 work's for me. My Speakers are now visible without whitelist anything else.

Suggested posts