Highlighted

Spotify connect on speaker wifi skips firsts seconds of songs

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy Tab A on Marshall Acton II)

Operating System

(Android Oreo)

My Question or Issue

Hello,

When I connect my device (galaxy S7 or galaxy tab A, same problem) on my speaker Marshall Acton II with spotify connect on wifi, it skips the firsts seconds of the songs , maybe 3 to 5s. There's no latency between the songs, it just begins late and no problem when I skip songs manually.

There's no problem when I do that on bluetooth however.

I've cleared the cache, uninstalled the app , checked my wifi (I don't think I have interference). So I don't know what the problem could be.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Spotify connect on speaker wifi skips firsts seconds of songs

Visitor

We are experiencing exactly the same issue with an iPhone 7 controlling Spotify Connect on a Marshall Acton II voice (Alexa) wi-fi speaker.  The first 4 or 5 seconds are not played when it transitions from one song to the next, however, if the track is directly skipped to, then it plays correctly from the beginning.

With the exact same iPhone, it works fine on a Sonos One and a Denon PMA 150-H, which both support Spotify Connect.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I did not specify, it's with acton voice alexa too, I don't know if there is the same problem with the google voice.

Highlighted

Visitor

Ok, I'm glad this isn't just me - exact same issue, Marshall Acton II Voice with Alexa - skipping's fine, but letting songs run on from one to the next on either playlists or albums, it just loses the first 3 or 4 seconds, every time.

I've seen older posts about this (around 2016), turning off gapless playback was a suggestion - I've done that and it doesn't work.

Highlighted

Visitor

This has happened to me too. the first day I  had the speaker it worked perfectly but now on day 3 it is skipping the first 2-3 seconds of every song. I'm using the Acton II Voice and a Samsung Galaxy s10. Have any solutions been found? 

SUGGESTED POSTS