Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify constantly says im offline

Spotify constantly says im offline

I've been using spotify for a while now and have almost never run into this problem. Everytime I try to use the Android app on my HTC desire 626, it says that I'm offline. However I can use every other app that need internet both on Wi-Fi and mobile data. I have run into this a few times in the past but it was fixed by restarting the app. Now however nothing seems to work. This is only when I can get into the app that is, most of the time when trying to log in I get the message like "we are experiencing difficulties, please try again later" I cab sometimes fix this by re-installing. To try and fix this though I have tried everything from switching to offline then back to resetting my phone. To no avail of course.
14 Replies

Hi, have you tried a clean reinstall as described in this post?

Yeah, just tried again actually but same old thing. Even cleared the data before I did but that didn't see to help.

You searched for and deleted the listed folders too?

What version of android are you using?

Yeah deleted all folders. And running the latest version of Android.

settings/about device will show your android version. "Latest" doesn't mean much, especially with older phones.

Software version is 2.27.651.6 am I wrong to think that it should have an actual name? Isn't that what Android does?

Nope, that's not it. It should say "Android version".

Ah yeah of course, that was at midnight last night. Android version is 6.0.1

Heh, no worries. Are you using an external SD card? If so, please follow these steps.

1. Uninstall the app from your device by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure any of the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

/emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

3.Eject and physically remove the SD card.

4. Reboot your device
5. Using a web browser navigate to the 'Offline Devices' section of the Spotify account page and then click on the 'Remove all devices' button.
6. Once all the above steps are complete go to the play store and install the Spotify Music app again (Google Play Store link).

See how spotify behaves without the SD card and let me know please.

Nope no SD.

I'm out ideas. I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Actually I tried to log in a few seconds ago and everything works. Nonetheless thanks.

It's probably a problem with your internet connection. It has happened to me before

It works from time to time now. I doubt it's my internet when I can use all the other apps that require internet alongside my Xbox and my uncles tablet.

Suggested posts