Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify continues to play after removing earphones from phone - LG G4

Solved!

Spotify continues to play after removing earphones from phone - LG G4

Hi everyone, Don't know if others are having this issue. 

I got a new Android phone, LG G4, and for some reason whenever I'm playing Spotify either in the background or in the app, it continues to play after I remove the earphones from my phone.  Never had an issue with any previous Android phones or even on my computer.  I know it's not the G4 issue since other apps stop playing automatically just fine.  

Anyone else having this issue with Spotify?  Wondering if it's just a bug and it's just a quick update fix.  

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Finally it is! I've been using it for the last two days and playback stops every time my headphones are unplugged. Lockscreen widget seems to be working as well. Update to the latest version 6.9.0.1212 is now available in Play store.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi! I'm using Asus Zenfone Laser 5.0: Androud 6.0.1.

I have checked app permissions and storage, contacts and phone are included
and turned on.

View solution in original post

188 Replies

I've got the same issue with my Nexus 6P. If I close Spotify ( swipe it from the app switcher) and reopen Spotifty it works as expected.

I'm glad to hear its not just Nexus 6P related!

It seems that after the last update, the option for stopping playback when BT/Headset is disconnected has been removed completely from the settings and the app. Atleast I haven't found it from the same place it used to be (advanced settings).

I wonder if there's any way to roll back to the previous version, this isn't very nice.

Hey

I've got a similar problem, same phone.

Though, in my case the app crashes at the 4th song I play, but continues after unplugging my earphones.

Crashes don't occur all the time though. Seems that Spotify doesn't like me going out, because it happens only outside 😄 (when I'm at home it's working normally).

The crashing doesn't happen to me...yet at least. Although another issue I've realized is the spotify card in the drag down notification menu disappears often and I'll have to enter the app again to get it. Honestly I think these are bugs but have no idea if spotify is even aware of them. Do they even read these posts? Lol

I had it too few days ago. I have no idea if this is the case, but it happened with the songs I added as local files.

In my opinion its behaviour is correct. I HATE it stopping due to earphone removal. That is INTRUSIVE.

So it should go to speaker or whatever? The only thing that should stop it playing is me pressing a STOP button (or turning the phone off or whatever).

In the previous Spotify version you could choose your preference whether it stops or not. Now it seems to be forced, which isn't cool.

@EarlPurple Well, everyone has different preferations... I think it's intrusive to let the music go on if I unplug my earphones, because it means I don't want to listen to it any longer. Or when you are in a public place, the plug gets pulled out, and everyone around can hear your "annoying" music.

I am having this same problem. Seems to be from the last update for the app.  

Now when i am listening to music and i pull the headphones out  to talk with someone real quick the music blasts from my speakers. On version 3.XX of the app it acted normally. 

Lastly i checked my 3 other music apps and in each of them the "normal" function is when you remove a output peripheral (headphones, speaker, BT) the music stops automatically unless you change a setting. 

Why was this pretty consistent flow removed for a very obnoxious one especially without any setting to control? 

Some additional Info

If Google Play Music and Double Twist are both open and i hit play on one the other one stops. with spotify this does not happen. spotify just plays over the other program. 

What is even more concerning is i have also tested when i am listening to music and i get a skype call spotify doesn't stop anymore. Someone needs to address all these issues with the new 4.xx spotify. 

Would be nice to get a fix for this, its rather annoying music playing when you're expecting it to stop.

I am having the same problem as well, but I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

And it's not just wired earphones, even when I use Bluetooth A2DP earphones, the problem remains.

When someone calls, Spotify pauses for a fraction of a second and resumes, and the music keeps playing during phone calls.

When I turn off my A2DP earphone, the music keeps playing from the phone's speaker.

It is very annoying...

Is it Spotify's problem or Samsung's?

I'm pretty sure it's Spotify problem if it's an issue with multiple devices. Anyway to get spotify to fix this?

I sent an email to Spotify. Hopefully they will look into this.

Same here doesn't work on my LG G4 had an awkward moment at the office this morning. Even though I do believe there is a correlation between this issues and other devices being connected to my spotify service

Ya, it has to be this case... I noticed that after a crash, when I remove my earphones, Spotify "resurrects" and continues playing. I warned everyone at my office though 😄
Anyway, I got a phone call while listening to music and it stopped during the ringtone. But when I answered a call, music started again.

@121079757 any reply?

Hey Guys!

@myshya@Charlo852@joeloare@jasonhsutuna@kennifer

mmm this seems weird, I don't think this should be happening at all, lets try figure this out:

I suggest you try a clean reinstall and see if this helps, This usually fixes most problems 🙂

Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache 🙂 

Hope to hear back from you guys soon!

@jean3601, I tried it yesterday. The only thing which has changed is that today the app crashed during the 5th song, instead of 3rd... But it was just once, later it came back to 3rd.

Hey @myshya

Strange, i am going to escalate this for you guys 🙂

Any luck in the solution for the reinstall for anyone?

Suggested posts