Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify controls on lockscreen

Spotify controls on lockscreen

I just switched from iphone to android and am not able to see album art and change music from locksceeen ... am I missing something? ??
12 Replies

What phone, Android  version & Spotify version are you using?

Also have you read this guide?

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

I have an s6 edge and spotify version 2.9.0.890
Have not read that guide yet

I did not really find my answer in the guide

I have a similar issue, I'm able to see the lockscreen controls, but sometimes they just don't work.

Help?

Moto G 4G LTE (XT1040). Android 4.4.4. Spotify ver: 3.0.0.1124

Have you checked your notification priority settings as mentioned in the guide? It would be useful to know what you've tried so I don't ask you to do something you've already done

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

That's for Android 5, I have 4, so I didn't tried at all

I'm on 4.4.4 with Spotify 3.0.0.1124 and I'm having the same issue. I believe it started happening with the previous update. I no longer have music controls on the lockscreen nor on my Android Wear device.

It's good that I'm not the only one. Since a last update I also don't see Spotify controls on my Android Wear watch. I really need to skip songs from my watch. 

I have the same problem, huawei p7, before the last update everything was fine. but yet no longer lockscreen mode. all permissions are allowed.

I have the same problem on Android 6 (Marshmallow). I only get the lockscreen controls if I exit Spotify (either by switching to a different app or pressing the Home button). Switching away from Spotify will add lockscreen controls to the Notification Area, assuring that Spotify is running in the background when the phone is locked. While Spotify is running in the foreground, the Notification Area icon (and the player controls) are absent.

This seems to have been an oversight on the part of the development staff, and should be easy to fix.

I am running Spotify version 5.7.0.781 armV7, on a Nexus 6P with Android 6.0.1 (Build MTC19X).

@terminalmage wrote:

I have the same problem on Android 6 (Marshmallow). I only get the lockscreen controls if I exit Spotify (either by switching to a different app or pressing the Home button). Switching away from Spotify will add lockscreen controls to the Notification Area, assuring that Spotify is running in the background when the phone is locked. While Spotify is running in the foreground, the Notification Area icon (and the player controls) are absent.

This seems to have been an oversight on the part of the development staff, and should be easy to fix.

I am running Spotify version 5.7.0.781 armV7, on a Nexus 6P with Android 6.0.1 (Build MTC19X).

This is further confirmed by the fact that, when I set a few albums to download, and then lock the screen without first leaving the app, the lockscreen controls are there.

The Android app just needs a configuration option to allow it to stay running in the background, and this should be resolved.

It's not perfect but it works for me (Andrioid 6):

1. Go to Settings>Lock Screen>Sitch off: Skip the slide page 2.

2. Go to Settings>Sound and notification>Click on: When device is locked>Select Show all notification content.

3. If you want to hide sensitive content in your apps for your lock screen then: Go to Settings>Sound and notification>Click on: App notifications>then select the app you want yo hide contente>Switch on Hide sensitive content. Do this or each app you want.

Hope it helps!

Suggested posts