Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Umidigi F1

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

spotify crashes when you click the 3 dots to add to playlist, share ,view artist. etc

Changes were implemented to fix this issue for most common Android models.

Our backstage data combined with received votes and reports on this thread seem to indicate that the changes were successful for a majority of the userbase.

Unfortunately, we're aware that there're still some models with specific Android ROMs that are still experiencing the crash. At this time, we are not able to provide a fix that covers the full range of Android phones.

We'll be continuing our efforts to improve compatibility, but cannot guarantee that your specific device will be affected. As such, we'll be stopping the regular updates of this thread and are marking it as case closed.

Comments
dinozauriusz

P.S. I went through the latest review entries at Play Store. Well, they are very far from being rave, I have to admit. 
Many people indicate that the latest refurbishing of the app and the way it has been behaving lately affects the way they perceive the premium service. I've got a strange feeling this is all a bit bigger issue than just the three-dots one.

Brsokcu

Plan

Free and Premium tried both

Country

Turkey

Device

Xioami Note 8 Pro

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Spotify crashes when you click the 3 dots to add to playlist, share ,view artist. etc

Ritouf

Hello there, I have also a Redmi Note 8 Pro with the same problem and I have found a WORKING solution.
Tested 100% working fine.

1/ Uninstall your current Spotify version

2/ Download TWO OLDER versions of Spotify apk

You must download:

spotify-6-0-0-864.apk
and
spotify-8-2-0-788.apk

(do a search on the internet to get those, this is not difficult as many people need older versions of
Spotify to avoid the many bugs introduce with the latest verisons of the latest 6 months, check uptodown for example)

3/ Now, install spotify-6-0-0-864.apk

This version is working fine (the 3 dots menu also), but it is a bit old.

So now you can install spotify-8-2-0-788.apk version over this one (it will work as an update), then you
will benefit from a newer Spotify interface and the 3 dots menu is still working fine.

That's it.

rafaelhd1

As multiple post out there, Im facing the same issue, clicking on context menu is Crashing Spotify, this doesnt happen with lite versión. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

Redmi note 8 pro

Operating System

Android P MIUI 10

Victorie88

Ok so this issue still clearly exists a year later... Why isn't it fixed yet? It's so frustrating

Wayponpon

I have the same issue. 

The spotify-6-0-0-864.apk works fine on my Note 8 Pro.

but when i installed the spotify-8-2-0-788.apk i have the same issue than the last version : /. Any idea ?

Ty

mustbeinfamy
same problem please help spotify. when i try to open spotify, takes me to the main menu HELPPPPPPP!
Viennatom

GOODBYE TO THIS CURSED THREAD!!!

Just got my 7T Pro.

-> Higher Resolution

-> Better Screen 90Hz

-> No more Notch - GOODBYE to notched screens from cellphone stoneage FOREVER.

SPOTIFY WORKING!! CAN U BELIEVE THAT!!! I AM JUMPING ON THE CEILING !!!!! NO MORE NIGHTMARES AND SLEEPLESS NIGHTS JUST BECAUSE A MENU BUTTON FREEZES EVRYTHING

Just put the Umidigi / XIAOMI whatever sh**t to the nearest garbage can - on average there is one every two streets and 

NEVER LOOK BACK!!!

MY SPOTIFY IS WORKING!!!!!!! IT IS SOOOOO UNBELIEVABLE

GOODBYE TO THIS CURSED THREAD FOREVER!!!!!!!

dinozauriusz
Good luck Mister. 🙂 But if something happens to fail in your new phone,
you might not want to burn bridges behind you. :)) Just as a side note. 😉
JPCarvalho404
🤨