Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] App freezes/crashes when clicking on three-dot menu in playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Umidigi F1

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

spotify crashes when you click the 3 dots to add to playlist, share ,view artist. etc

Changes were implemented to fix this issue for most common Android models.

Our backstage data combined with received votes and reports on this thread seem to indicate that the changes were successful for a majority of the userbase.

Unfortunately, we're aware that there're still some models with specific Android ROMs that are still experiencing the crash. At this time, we are not able to provide a fix that covers the full range of Android phones.

We'll be continuing our efforts to improve compatibility, but cannot guarantee that your specific device will be affected. As such, we'll be stopping the regular updates of this thread and are marking it as case closed.

Comments
Chesterqw

Please don't submit steps that didn't work for you. Some poor soul is going to try all the steps.

dinozauriusz

I believe it is still worth a try seeing such a passive communication from Spotify. I'm going to try it now again and will let you know if this helped. 

dinozauriusz

Ok. I double checked. The instructions from Xiaomi won't work. Here is my email to them:

Dear Xiaomi,

I am afraid this will NOT work for any of us. I am in contact with Spotify who assure me they keep on working on the issue. I asked them openly if they approached you on the three dot issue.  They never replied openly. 
The interesting fact is that my old Xiaomi phone's Spotify app works fine irrespective of the number of updates.  Thisis only Redmi 7 in my case that causes issues.

If you have a look at this thread you will see clearly that most of the submissions are from Xiaomi phone owners.

Frankly speaking if any of you, that is Spotify or Xiaomi, does not solve this issue I am going to bid farewell to both of your services. Right now I am paying for a product/service I cannot use accordingly. Sorry to write that. And there are more frustrated in the thread pasted in than me only.  And some of them have been affected for more than a YEAR(!!!) now. 

My bests,
MS

Eternalgrace

Same phone, same issue! 

Felipe_Dosso

Hey

Mine issue is similar. When I play a song and then click on settings, Spotify crashes and the song keeps playing. It keeps playing even if I click to stop the music or close the app. So to stop the music, I have to restart my phone.

dinozauriusz
I've just bought HiFi subscription of Tidal. This is actually the best way
to express my dissatisfaction with how the issue is treated by Spotify so
far. If nothing changes till mid November this will be the best moment to
bid farewell after so many years.
Nimkiller
Yeah, me too
Brsokcu

The spotify-6-0-0-864.apk works fine on my Note 8 Pro.

But when I try to install the spotify-8-2-0-788.apk the uptade installation failed. And then I try every single versions . Also I try the lastest stable version but It doesn't work. We need and compability update. 

uck95

I think Tidal ist the best way to go in this situation. I always loved Spotify but it sadly went useless for me now. Maybe just turn back when the problem is solved because of all the playlists. 😕 Redmi Note 8 Pro here

DanielTham

Hi there!

Have you tried reinstalling the app?