Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes immediately when connecting phone to any bluetooth device

Solved!

Spotify crashes immediately when connecting phone to any bluetooth device

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Samsung Galaxy A52 5G

Operating System

Android 11

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

I got this phone a few months ago and up until 2 weeks ago, Spotify worked perfectly. Suddenly, the music paused all the time and for a few days now, it crashes the second I connect my phone to any bluetooth device. I tried connecting it to two UE Booms and to my car, Spotify crashes every time.

I also did a clean reinstall, still doesn't work.

What can I do to fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Eni, thanks so much for your help.

Apologies for this late reply, I just wanted to let you know that I managed to fix it! Here's how:

When unpairing my UE Boom, I wasn't able to pair it again. So I reset it, updated it with the UE Boom app and suddenly Spotify works again when connected via bluetooth to any device.

The weird thing is that before Spotify didn't work for all devices (UE Boom 2, car, JBL Xtreme 2), and all it took is to reset only the one UE Boom. Another weird thing is that it only affected Spotify, any other app worked when connected via bluetooth. I have no idea how this happened, but I am so happy that it works again, I tell ya 😄

So there you go, I hope that helps for people who have the same issue.

Have a good one Eni 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey there @lenjaminbang

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

You mentioned that you've already tried a clean reinstall, but just to make sure, have you tried following these specific steps?

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Lastly, we suggest that you check if the OS of your device has any pending updates. 

Keep us in the loop 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @Eni

Thank you for your response.

I indeed did a clean reinstall as mentioned in the article you've sent. Also, I disabled any battery optimization and already installed all OS updates.

I genuinely don't know what else to do.

Best regards

Hey there @lenjaminbang

Thanks for getting back to us. 

No worries, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases.

Would you mind trying with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Also, we'd like to know if this happens only when you're streaming or when you're listening to your downloaded content as well. 

Additionally, could you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled?:

1. Open your Settings menu.

2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.

3. Enable everything you see.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Marked as solution

Hi Eni, thanks so much for your help.

Apologies for this late reply, I just wanted to let you know that I managed to fix it! Here's how:

When unpairing my UE Boom, I wasn't able to pair it again. So I reset it, updated it with the UE Boom app and suddenly Spotify works again when connected via bluetooth to any device.

The weird thing is that before Spotify didn't work for all devices (UE Boom 2, car, JBL Xtreme 2), and all it took is to reset only the one UE Boom. Another weird thing is that it only affected Spotify, any other app worked when connected via bluetooth. I have no idea how this happened, but I am so happy that it works again, I tell ya 😄

So there you go, I hope that helps for people who have the same issue.

Have a good one Eni 🙂

Hey @lenjaminbang,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know that it was sorted out, and thanks for sharing what worked for you, as it may be helpful for other users too!

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Have a lovely rest of your weekend 🙂

CarlosEModerator

My Solution was disable near devices permission.

Settings > Applications > Spotify > App Permissions > Near Devices: Switch option to don't allow.

Hope this helps anyone else

Suggested posts