Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes on opening the song page from bottom song playback bar

Solved!

Spotify crashes on opening the song page from bottom song playback bar

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

Redmi Note 7 pro

Operating System

Android 10 (Q)

My Question or Issue

In Spotify android app, I click on any song or playlist, the song starts playing.

Then I click on the active track bar on bottom (where the track/artist name is shown along with pause and heart button).

Once I click on that, the opening animation comes and spotify closes immediately.

Because of this, I am not able to use the track seek slider.

Just did a fresh install of the app on my phone, issue remains.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just a follow up to my issue: I was only able to fix this by opening the app with Airplane Mode on and then toggling it off again.

For some reason, even reinstalling the app "from scratch" by ensuring the "com.spotify.music" folder was deleted and rebooting the phone like suggested wasn't addressing the issue.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi @alphai,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting 🙂

We understand you already reinstalled the app, could you try doing a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than a regular one, and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Also, if you're using an SD card please remove it and test the app again. 

Hope this helps!

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have the same issue on a Samsung Galaxy S10e running Android 11. For me it also occurs when opening the Now Playing screen via notification and via widget.

I've tried all app reset measures but the issue persists.

Hi there @lindquest,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

If the issue persists after trying the steps that was provided above and you have an SD card, we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

We also recommend that you try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persist.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

Just a follow up to my issue: I was only able to fix this by opening the app with Airplane Mode on and then toggling it off again.

For some reason, even reinstalling the app "from scratch" by ensuring the "com.spotify.music" folder was deleted and rebooting the phone like suggested wasn't addressing the issue.

I did that, and still doesn’t work 😕

Hey @Kristar678,

As this is an older thread now, could you please tell us more details about your issue? 🙂

When did it start occurring (after an update; etc.) and is it the same as the opening post or somewhat different?

And - to start troubleshooting things here as well - you can check if removing the cached data of your app would make a difference for you.
If this doesn't help, a step further would be to go for a complete clean reinstall of Spotify instead.

Should the issue persist even after this, in addition to the issue description, we'd also appreciate it if you sent us your device's make & model, alongside its OS version and your Spotify app version.
Many thanks in advance 🙌🏼

P.S. Performing the abovementioned troubleshooting steps will remove your offline content from your device. It will automatically re-download upon the re-opening of the app but we'd advise doing so when you have Wi-Fi access near you, in case your mobile data plan has more limitations.  We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts