Premium

Country

INDIA

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

When i am playing any song on spotify and in the meanwhile when i switch to any other app like chrome, whatsapp etc. while the music is being played in the background and when the screen locks by itselfs or if I lock it by pressing the power (while staying on the other app)button spotify crashes and this is happening everytime. I am using my phone in "High Performance mode" and all the options like "restrict background data" and "put app to sleep" are disabled. I tried reinstalling, cleared my cache of spotify and i am not using any other apps like clean master or anything that might kill the os process still this issue is happening everytime neither i am using any SD card. I tried all the techinques i found on this forum regarding android and nothing is working. The spotify India is clearly neglecting the problem not valuing their customer. 

I am facing this problem since the past 1 year.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Spotify crashing after app switch and screen lock

Music Fan

Hi, 

Can you try this with another account to log in, it might be the problem.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Tried but same thing is happening..plus i cannot disbandon my original account because my subscriptions for 1 year entirely and playlist are on it ..same thing is happening with my friends samsung phones also..would appreciate if spotify devs looks into it 

Highlighted

Music Fan

Then use twitter for support, tweet out for spotify support and they will fix your problem ASAP. 

SUGGESTED POSTS