Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashing constantly after latest app update

Spotify crashing constantly after latest app update

Hi, my version of spotify automatically updated a few days ago. Since then, playback randomly stops mid-song, and needs to be manually restarted every 5 or 6 songs or so. Nothing else has changed besides the update. I've tried reinstalling spotify and resetting my phone. Please investigate and release another update to fix the issue.

Version 4.1.0.868
Nexus 5
Android 6.0, build MRA85N
12 Replies

Same here on a galaxy s6. Since the most recent update it keeps randomly stopping playback but its not a pause, its a stop. I cannot resume the song. Instead it starts from the beginning. Happened 3 times during the ladt 30 minutes and im giving up on this nonsense. Back to mp3s until a updated client is released.

Same here. Galaxy 6. Music just stops. This is a paid version. Hopefully this is fixed soon!

Same here for galaxy s6 - seems to me more like the app is actually crashing as I have to reload the app and it's lost its place in the song

In fact I agree with Slouakde. I can re-open spotify since it's still in the memory of the phone but it's crashed all together.

IOW: Spotify simply shuts down at random really. Can't say it's at any certain point of a song or after a certain amount of time. I listen to music 8 hours straight at least during work so I'm veeery bothered by this. If one would only use it for half an hour here and there then this bug might not even be apparent.

Same here on the LGG3.

me too. considering I am paying I am getting more than pissed off, especially as you can't contact spotify directly via email..

Same for me on LG G3.

And many others, based on the numerous threads and replies in this forum.

Is the Spotify management aware? Do they care? Are they going to do anything? When?

All this is unknown, since they don't seem to come and participate in the forum that they created.

I have had the same problem. It is getting very annoying! I have a LG G4.

I'll clarify my phones complete "ongoing stuff" list anyways in case some mod or spotify-person actually bothers to read this.

Detailed info leads to better support in cases where there is support availible. Oh well, worth a shot!.

Samsung galaxy s6

Android 5.1

Most recent spotify version

No other apps running in the background other than the samsung and android default ones and even then some are disabled.

I'm an clean-house-addict when it comes to systems so I always shut everything down through the app task manager everytime i'm

done using it.

That's where Spotify resides once it's crashed. The spotify icon is gone from the status bar where it normally sits when minimized.

If spotify is open on the phone when this happens it simply shuts down and my phone is back to the home screen.

The effect seems rather random still. Can't really tie it to anything else going on and I have the phone in my pocket during work etc

so I couldn't tell if something was going on other than I had no notifications or anything incoming. (I work night shifts and nobody is texting me or calling me at 2 or 3 or 5 AM and I have all notifications turned off on the phone in apps such as snapchat which btw is the only non-standard app I have other than spotify....)

My phone's almost factory clean. Spotify, Snapchat and Hearthstone are the ONLY 3 installed apps and only Spotify is running, never the other two, when I listen to music. Fix yer program!

This was my reply when I finally found a way to contact them. Am uninstalling and retrying... loosing all my available offline playlists in the process.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your music stopping. Not to worry, we'll take a look and help you with this.

We're sorry to hear about the playback issues you're having.

First, to make sure you have a sufficient connection, please make sure you're on at least a 3G connection, preferably WiFi.

If you're still having issues, please try these reinstallation steps; they should get things working correctly. If they don't work though, please see the troubleshooting steps further down.

If you try everything below and are still having issues, please reply and keep working through this.

Let's first try a quick reinstall. Here's how:

From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps.

Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and select Uninstall. For older Android devices, navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications.

Open Google Play then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

Still Not Working? 1 - Soft Reset

Please try turning your device off and on again.

For Android, hold down the power button on your device until Power Off appears on your screen. Tap it.

Just follow these steps and you're good to go. Please let us know if there's anything else you need.

I Hace the same issue after android upgrade to 6 version the spotify doesn't work fine, the songs stop after 10 mins playing. I'm paying for the version preminum. I need to fix it. Anyone know how to contactto spotify support?

I have the same issue with Android 5.1.1, Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo, Spotify 5.7.0.781

Really annoying.

Suggested posts