Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashing on samsung galaxy s7

Solved!

Spotify crashing on samsung galaxy s7

I have Samsung Galaxy S7, SM-G930F (Android 6.0.1). Often when I'm changing music (shuffle) Spotify gets stuck. Music continues for a while but I can't control it and then it crashes. I've tried restarting and re-installing.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Folks and welcome to our Community!

That's not cool. Please go to Settings > Battery > App Power Saving > Detail > (if On) Spotify > Turn off.

Does this help at all?

View solution in original post

20 Replies

I have exactly the same problem as you describe. Same phone same software, had the problem on my S5 too. It seems to be more frequent when I'm listening offline or skipping a lot of songs

Excatly. For me it happens when skipping many songs. Have you resolved it?

Same issue. Crashes on S7 and Galaxy Tab S2. happens when skipping tracks. only had issue this last week.

Same problem here.

Anyone with a solution? Spotify?

Anyone with a solution? Spotify?

SGS7 Edge, Android 6.01, Spotify 7.0.0.1371

I can reproduce this by skipping tracks quickly from the notification. Spotify stops responding and eventually I get the system pop-up that it isn't responding.

Anyone that knows if it is a problem with spotify or the Samsung phone?

Anyone that knows if it is a problem with spotify or the Samsung phone?

i have the exact same problem!

Marked as solution

Hey Folks and welcome to our Community!

That's not cool. Please go to Settings > Battery > App Power Saving > Detail > (if On) Spotify > Turn off.

Does this help at all?

Tried this actually since a couple of days with succes, wanted to post it, but you beat me too it.
So far no random crashes yet. Will post here if there are any more related crashes.

Well it did help a bit getting it out of the power saving modes. But still it crashes and jams, a little less frequent though. But big playlists and shuffle together seems to be the perfect recipe for disaster.

No it doesn't.  It was already off.  Mine locks up and you can't even close the app.  The only thing you can do is restart the phone.  Then, it will happen again.  Sometimes within the next song or up to a half hour later.  Often when I restart it comes up with an error, "You are Offline.  Try again."  What would it matter if I'm offline?  I have the paid Spotify.  I'm going to change to Google if I can't figure it out as it isn't worth paying for.  Thanks in advance.  My favorite app of all time up until now.  Thanks,

Discovered on my S7 that there seems to be some kind of storage error with
some of the songs on my SD card. On only these specific songs the app
crashes and is unresponsive until I completely kill it and restart the app.
If I start the same song again it will directly crash again. If after a
restart I skip to the next song, then the program continues to work.

Sadly I'm also having trouble loading some pictures from my SD card. So I'm
gonna try storing all the songs on my phone memory to see if the fault is
isolated to my SD card, or if it is due to the way spotify stores some of
the song, maybe with faults in the files and corrupting them.

Discovered on my S7 that there seems to be some kind of storage error with
some of the songs on my SD card. On only these specific songs the app
crashes and is unresponsive until I completely kill it and restart the app.
If I start the same song again it will directly crash again. If after a
restart I skip to the next song, then the program continues to work.

Sadly I'm also having trouble loading some pictures from my SD card. So I'm
gonna try storing all the songs on my phone memory to see if the fault is
isolated to my SD card, or if it is due to the way spotify stores some of
the song, maybe with faults in the files and corrupting them.

Was there ever a solution. Spotify is amazingly unreliable, no matter how I listen to music it will freeze at some point. Music is stored in a sd card. No offline limits reached, only one device.

This is redicoulus, paying for a premium that does not work.

The app is unresponsive until restart when a freeze happens.

Also this thread is marked as solved when it clearly is not. Good job Spotify. Lastly, all power sawing options are disabled, same with data savings. Spotify in offline mode is not possible either.

I did fix it. No help from Spotify. I uninstalled it from the phone and reinstalled it again. Seems to work fine now. I'm surprised that an app that you pay $120/yr for has no support. All they do is connect you to a user group and hope that other clients can help you out.

Just cancelled my premium subscription last week for this reason. uninstalled then reinstalled it, nothing works to stop the app from freezing. whats the point of paying when it doesnt work correctly

Suggested posts