Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashing when connect to car via bluetooth

Spotify crashing when connect to car via bluetooth

I'm experiencing my crashes I have a note 10 plus on Samsung UI 2.1 I thought that that was the problem but every time I connect to Bluetooth I'm not able to use the car it kicks off Spotify as soon as Bluetooth is enabled in the car when is the fix going to be for this I have a 45-minute drive every day from work and I paid the extra money for things like this not to happen please fix this.

I guess I'll just have to recommend Amaz0n prime music are Google music since Spotify can't get itself together I've been a prime member since prime existed please get this fixed this is very frustrating.

14 Replies

Samsung note 10 plus once Bluetooth from the car connects it crashes the application. When Bluetooth is off headphones work fine speaker works fine. Only in car haven't had an issues with home Bluetooth speaker. Just my car. I have a Toyota Corolla 2015 system. This issue started 3 days ago

Just started experiencing this issue as well.

Same.

I am on a Galaxy S20 Ultra with OneUI 2.1 and experiencing the same issue. My car system is Audi MMI. I noticed this issue yesterday. Received 2 updates for Spotify since yesterday and none fixed car Bluetooth crashes.

I am part of Spotify Alpha builds but my spare device (Galaxy Note 10+ on OneUI 2.1) isn't on the alpha builds and doesn't work either.

I need this fixed asap.

Same. I rely on my Spotify when I drive.

issue randomly resolved itself soon after i noticed your reply. i made no changes other than the above (unpair/delete on both vehicle and phone OS, reinstalled client, fiddled with config) none of which resolved.

Do you have auto update on?

I do. However, it has not updated since yesterday

Aaah I don't. Idk when the last time Spotify updated. There was an update in there but Spotify wasn't working and still wasn't after I manually updated it.

you in beta channel? that might have something to do with it. i suspected it might have been related to external app connections (GMaps) but that didn't turn anything up either. still, worth a shot for you maybe, if you haven't tried it yet.

Yeah, I'm in Beta. I thought it was possibly Waze related because the blue Waze "can we help you get somewhere" banner was popping up. I'm not sure how it knew I was in the car because I wasn't driving I was sitting outside the laundromat waiting on my laundry.

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports regarding the app crashing when Car View is prompted on your Android devices.

In order to look into this further, could you confirm with us if you're on a Beta version of the app?

In addition, please also let us know if the app crashes when you follow these steps:

1. Make sure bluetooth is disabled
  2. Open the app's Settings
  3. Scroll down to Car View
  4. Activate "Always on".

Keep in mind that the above might cause the app to crash every time you try and open it. You can follow the steps below if you're having troubles accessing the app due to this:

1. Go to your phone’s Settings.
  2. Select Apps.
  3. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it.
  4. Tap Storage, then Clear Data.

Note: This should also remove any downloaded offline content on your device and you'll need to log in to the app again.

Your assistance in getting to the bottom of this is really appreciated!

You can always temporarily leave the Beta testing group by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I can confirm that switching from the beta version to the standard version fixes this issue for me.

Mine randomly fixed itself. I see a new update was pushed an hour ago as well. 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bearing with us!

As several of you have mentioned this should be now fixed in the latest version of the app.

If you're having troubles when Alpha/Beta testing the app, we'd recommending making sure to follow the steps provided in this Spotify Answer to get this reported. 

Don't hesitate to give us a shout in our Help Boards if there's anything else, we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts