Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify cuts out after a while, songs keep timing indefinitely

Spotify cuts out after a while, songs keep timing indefinitely

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

This has mainly been happening on my Klipsch speaker with Google Assistant, but I seem to recall it on other devices previously as well.

What's happening is that after listening to Spotify for a while, the music will just cut out mid-song. As far as I can tell, there's no patter vis-a-vis specific playlists or songs. When this happens, I'll open the Spotify app on my phone, and it shows me that the song is still playing (even though there's no audio).

To make things further weird, when this happens which ever song is playing just doesn't end. See the attached screenshot. This was a 2-minute song that has been "playing" (sans audio) for over 7 minutes. I can just let this run indefinitely, out to 20 minutes, an hour, whatever.

I have no idea where to start on this. Please help!

Screenshot_20211216-161929_Spotify.jpg
2 Replies

Hey @KnnNike,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force an account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device. This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your devices a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Just wanting to comment that this is still applicable in 2024 with version 8.8.96.364, I had the same issue today and a clean install appears to have at least temporarily fixed it on my Pixel 8 Pro running Android 14.

Suggested posts