Plan

Premium

Country

CA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android

So basically when I'm connected to bluetooth ear buds or my truck personal and work.. spotify cuts out and stops playing when my phone closes... it will periodically play again for a few seconds then cut out again.. not sure why this is.. fyi I'm not a tech savvy person and I feel it's a simple fix.. thank you in advance

5 Replies

And this literally just started happening approximately a week and a half ago...

And this literally just started happening approximately a week and a half ago...

Hey there @aaronbegin,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We'd first recommend making sure that Spotify is set as an exception for any cache-clearing or battery optimization apps.

We'd also suggest checking the steps provided in this support site article if you're still having troubles. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you'd like more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I had exactly the same problem since upgrading from my "Honor View 10" phone (which worked fine) to an up-to-date Samsung A51 phone.

To fix it, I needed to go into "Settings \ Device care \ Battery \ App Power Management \ Apps that won't be put to sleep"   and add Spotify to the list of apps.

This seems to be a Samsung-specific issue.

(Btw, on my one-month-old Samsung A51, it also seems to sometimes soft-reset itself, and put itself into Flight Mode halfway through a WhatsApp voice chat.  I'm really not impressed...)

I just got an A51 and I wish I knew this was an issue. For me, this cuts off half the reason for getting a new phone 

Also: I can't seem find Spotify on the app list when I want to add it to apps that won't be put to sleep

Any info on why that is? 

Suggested posts