Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify deleted my offline content

Spotify deleted my offline content

As the title says, Spotify has deleted my offline saved music. I had around 50 albums downloaded in total, now I have nothing.

Yesterday I suddenly received this weird notification that I have exceeded the maximum allowed number of devices and all the offline content will be removed from my phone. The only option in this case was to tap "CONTINUE", there was nothing I could do.

Right, so the next step was obviously to check my Spotify.com - Account - Offline Devices. To my surprise there was only one device listed, the one that had the music removed by Spotify. I always knew about their policy, so I check my account on a regular basis. Last check was 2 days ago, same thing, only one device.

Get your sh*t together, Spotify!!! Reading online I could see lots of people are experiencing the same thing for a long time already, years of complains. At least give a warning first, don't just say "hey, you've exceeeded, you're f*cked". Allow us time to fix the darn situation, IF that is the case. Which it wasn't in mine, at least.

1 Reply

I have the same issue, but when I went to list of offline devices, indeed there were three devices. One of them was without usage more than one year ago!! And it decided to delete the content from the device most recently used, instead of doing the opposite!!

Additionally there is no evidence to distinguish one device from other. All of them are listed as "Android devices". How can one know which is each?

Thanks a lot Spotify for making me lose my time !!!

Devices.png

Suggested posts