Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify deletes downloaded playlists

Spotify deletes downloaded playlists

Why did Spotify delete all of my saved tracks? My tracks are stored in my SD card which I didn't remove as of late and after a quick check, the files are nowhere to be found as I gained nearly 8-12GB of storage on my SD card.

I'm on a stock Android 4.3 ROM on a Galaxy S III.

7 Replies

Was your app in offline mode for more than 30 days or have you recently added a new device to your Spotify account?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Spotify has been updated on my Android 4.4.

I was surprised all the offline caches has been reset.

I had to re-dl them.

@PegHorse What device are you using and was your spotify cache on an external SD card?

@jwylot This is a Nexus 4, there is no SDCARD, only virtual. I don't know where is the cache of Spotify but i didn't modify anything about that.

OK. I just wanted to check as there are issues with 4.4 and phones with two SD cards (internal like on samsungs and an external).

@Peter wrote:
Was your app in offline mode for more than 30 days or have you recently added a new device to your Spotify account?

Mind me for the late reply.

I recently reformatted my laptop, does it count as a new device? I did not download any playlists however on my laptop.

It happened when i switched on to OFFLine mode then i Switched back to ONLINE mode half an hour later.

However, i always sync my app before to use it OFFLINE.

Suggested posts