Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify deletes downloaded songs and forces them to redownload to internal memory

Spotify deletes downloaded songs and forces them to redownload to internal memory

I download a lot of songs, a playlist of almost 400, to my phone for offline use, which has worked fine until very recently. Now, any time I turn it off, they are no longer downloaded and I have to redownload them. Additionally, when I do download them, I put them on an external sd card as my phone does not have much space, certainly not enough to fit it all; the sd card has 30GB of space which I purchased specifically for the purpose of Spotify music. However, whenever Spotify removes my downloaded songs, when I try to download them back, they always download to the internal memory. I am aware that a clean reinstall fixes that problem, which I have done several times, but the first problem still persists regardless. This means that to keep my songs downloaded, I would have to do a clean reinstall every time my phone turns off! This is obviously quite annoying, so does anyone know any possible fix for this? I appriciate any help!

1 Reply

I have similar problem I've downloaded plenty of albums to my Samsung galaxy 6s phone so many that it tells me I can't download any more unless I deleted others but every now & then they become unavailable offline & i have to download it all over again. This time even songs or albums I've only saved have been unsaved. 😬

Suggested posts