Premium

Country

Israel

Device

Xioami mi 9se

Operating System

MIUI 10

My Question or Issue

I don't like the new design Spotify have now, is there a way I can change it back because it's really not comfortable and I'm paying money for it because I liked the old design but now I'm even considering to stop paying

3 Replies

Hey @ofriK, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Thanks for your feedback - sorry to hear you're not enjoying the new Your Library.

Spotify regularly runs updates to improve your experience with the app. The refreshed “Your Library” was developed to help you manage and access your favorites faster. It’s the first version of this update and Spotify will continue to build on it based on your feedback.

If you're unsure how to use or navigate Spotify with this new update, check out this guide.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, just let me know - I'm here to help.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spotify's new UI and Library is their way of allowing you to "find your favorite music faster" and to provide a "better listening experience for everyone".

Except clearly not everyone, since you're not the only person to hate this change.

The first complaint about not being able to list your entire library by artist or to list all songs was made back in February when it was released to a small group of beta testers. When they mass released it in June to everyone, the feedback was intensely negative here on the Community page, and on Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, and plenty of news sites/blogs, etc.

And like you can see with the "Rock Star" responding here with the standard canned message of "this is an improvement, you just need to learn how to use it", they are clearly out of touch with actual users, and are trying to force you to find and listen to music the way they think you should.

The "Rock Star" Billy-J says they going to continue to build on it based on our feedback, but every post so far on the Community page about this has been listed as "Not Right Now" or some other tag that basically says Spotify is not interested in returning the basic functionality that every music library has. They've been getting negative feedback about this since February, and even more since it was released to everyone in June. There are zero indications that they're going to fix anything.

And somehow Spotify seems to not recognize that Following all artists is a poor substitute, since it negates the ACTUALLY good idea of being able to sort or filter your library by favorite artists.

Here are two recent threads where people express your same frustrations:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-Artist-page-that-contains-saved-...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Automatically-follow-artists-whose-songs-are-...

As a result of Spotify repeatedly insisting that this is not worth changing, I implore you to do as I did and cancel any Premium subscription you have and move services.

Speak with your wallet, they have zero incentive to change if they keep getting paid.

I want to stick with Spotify, but to make finding my music more difficult through one of the most confusingly poor decisions ever, that doesn't deserve my fiancial support.

The new design is far form intuitive and is actualy quite aggravating in many ways. Outside of these design woes, Spotify is also now for me, a million times slower. It takes at least 5-10 seconds when I click on an album as the application hangs temperarily.

While there may be some who like the new design, Spotify clearly knows that it's also pissing off a whole bunch of people as can be seen on here. Give people the option to CHOOSE and everyone would be a lot happier, instead of shoving it down out throats and forcing as to like and deal with it with this "not right now" manufactured clap trap.

Suggested posts