Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify desyncs continuously

Solved!

Spotify desyncs continuously

I have a premium account I use on 2 devices,  my ASUS Fonepad phablet and my Windows 8 laptop. I have songs saved to both, but the Android app keeps desyncing my songs repeatedly saying i have synced with more than 3 devices, but i only have 2.whats up and can i fix it or should i just cancel my membership? Running out of patience after fesyncing twice and finding my songs gone again. Laptop is fine. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. If you're only using two devices, it could be that there's something screwy on your account. 

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks! I've given it a shot. We'll see what happens. 

Btw, would removal of the sd card result in a loss of spotify data? Fonepads have a bug where the sd card sometimes when switching mobe data network types (3g to 4g etc) really sucks. 

Thanks again! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi. If you're only using two devices, it could be that there's something screwy on your account. 

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Marked as solution

Thanks! I've given it a shot. We'll see what happens. 

Btw, would removal of the sd card result in a loss of spotify data? Fonepads have a bug where the sd card sometimes when switching mobe data network types (3g to 4g etc) really sucks. 

Thanks again! 

It is possible that spotify sees your tablet as a new device when the card disappears and reappears. That would be pretty sloppy programming if it is the case but it does seem to fit with what you're seeing. May be worth mentioning to support, if you haven't already.

Please let me know how it turns out 🙂

Not sure what the problem was exactly, but multiple android devices were showing up on my account. Spotify had to remove them both and I had to start over again. Haven't experienced the problem again, so I'm going with fixed for now. Thanks for directions to the contact form! Happy Holidays.

You too. Enjoy your music 🙂

Suggested posts