Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify disabled as option in Alexa

Spotify disabled as option in Alexa

Need help..
When I try to set up Spotify in Amazon Alexa, it is disabled. I went to Settings >> Music & Media >> Choose Default Music Services. Spotify is there (see screenshot) but it is greyed out and cannot be selected.

I have a premium account and I've tried solutions like logging in with my email instead of Facebook, etc etc. Still doesnt work. I really cant set Spotify up in Alexa. So frustrating.
14998217375381356715219.jpg
25 Replies

Hello. From this page it seems you have to log in with your spotify user name or with facebook and not with an email address. The original email receipt from Spotify will show the user name you should be using. If it is a 10 digit number, you should be using the facebook log in.

I already logged in using my username. It still does not work.

I have exactly the same problem. Anyone?

You subscribe to Spotify premium?

Yes I do. Fact is that I live in Belgium and are registered under a Belgian address, maybe that has something to do with it?

It might be country related. What happens if you change it. Log into your amazon account then go to your account —> Content and devices —> Settings Tab. Once there modify your country setting to USA.

This sounds like an issue to take up with amazon if you can't get it working.

Thanks a lot, I will try it. I guess the downside is that it won't give me
location based info anymore (weather etc.)?

Hi!

I have the same issue, Im under the impression Alexa App is set like this on purpose to force the use of Amazon Music 😠

Hi Guys, 

This worked for me: change your country on the Amazon website.

Sign in through a browser, then click "Accounts & Lists" on the top right. Then click "Content and devices" under "Digital Content". Then click the "Settings" tab and under "Country Settings" and change your country to either US, UK or Germany.

@roulkierkels thanks so much! This worked like a charm. I changed so many location settings all over the place, this was the only one that was needed. What's more, you can change it back to your real location afterwards, the link stays intact. Awesome!

Hi man

I can't find "digital Content" and "Settings" in Content and Devices. Can you help me?

(sorry if i miss a word, my english is really bad, because im brazilian :p)

Amazon Page Image>>> http://prntscr.com/icn7u4

I thought I had set my country settings everywhere. But when I logged on to amazon.com it was set to unknown. After I set it to US (living in Denmark) it worked in the Alexa app. 

To Maiaa: When you log in to Amazon and the account page is shown, it is on the left side. Do a search on "digital content". When you click on it, choose "Settings" above. It should be straight forward? 

THANK YOU!!! WORKED LIKE CHARM!

Yeah, changing to UK worked for me. But now when i ask about weather forcast.. she gives me the units they use in the UK.... Even thou i have the metric selected in the app... 

THANK YOU !

roulkierkels BIG BIG BIG Thank you, now it works!!!!  I tried everything else for hours!!!!

Thank you!

(Amazon REALLY SUCKS, to make THAT complicated, gonna buy now everything on Aliexpress and drop Amazon - disappoints me way too much. Hope other voice controls will be enabled on Sonos soon!!!)

Best regards and once more thank you VERY much

1) Login

2) "Accounts & Lists" on the top right. 

4) "Digital Content"

3) "Content and devices"

4) "Settings" tab and under

5) "Country Settings":  change your country to US

It works 100%

1) Login Amazon account

2) "Accounts & Lists" on the top right. 

4) "Digital Content"

3) "Content and devices"

4) "Settings" tab and under

5) "Country Settings":  change your country to US

roulkierkels, thanks and you saved me after 2 days of troubleshooting.

Suggested posts