Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not have "songs" tab, changed "artist" tab, changed playlists, no shuffle all. Help?

Spotify does not have "songs" tab, changed "artist" tab, changed playlists, no shuffle all. Help?

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Gs8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Yesterday evening, everything was fine. What I'm assuming was an update basically destroyed everything I loved about spotify.

I don't have a "songs" tab at all anymore.
My "artists" tab shows only 6 of about 60 artists. No shuffle all button.
My "albums" tab shows all or nearly all of my albums, but again, no shuffle all button. I only have the option to shuffle one album at a time.
When you create playlists, you can't add from your library. You can only search for songs or use their recommended. No more adding an entire album to your playlists, or searching your library.

Am I missing something or was this just a horrible update?

Note that my desktop app is perfectly normal.

2 Replies

Horrible update. They advertised it as "helping" the free users because now you can search specific songs, but they **bleep** us and deleted the option to shuffle songs. It's a bait and switch, really.

I am a free user on iOs

This update also ruined my usage of Spotify. I used to like Album and song and shuffle all, but now your album tab only shows the album you've liked instead of all the albums for the whole list of songs and albums you've like.

The songs only show the individual songs you've like and you can't shuffle everything.

It's really bad and makes me consider using something else.

I figured I would buy pass this horrible update by creating a playlist with all my albums and songs, but you can't even add an album to a playlist anymore... really frustrating.

Suggested posts