Premium

Country

USofA

Device

Google Pixel (the OG one)

Operating System

Android 9 Pie, Fedora Linux 28

My Question or Issue

Why on Zeus's good Earth does Spotify not repeat from the top of a playlist?

I start a playlist (that I've deftly crafted and curated) from a song towards the end of the playlist, and after the last song of the playlist is played, the playlist repeats from the first song I picked. The correct functionality of the repeat button is to obediently repeat the playlist from the top of the list, regardless of where in the playlist the music started.

Who knows? I've started the playlist from that particular song several times, and maybe, a rogue Spotify algorithm picked up on my behavior egregiously thinking,  "Hey, ladlelord really likes starting the playlist from this song. So, since the playlist just finished, I'm sure they'll like to start there after the playlist finishes."

Zeus no! Absolutely not, I don't!

Also, if anyone is thinking this should be a feature, it should not. If I wanted this behavior, I'd make another playlist.

While I'm here, is there a plain text submission form for bug requests?

---

ladlelord

1 Reply

Hey @ladlelord.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community. We'll be glad to help you out 🙂

Hm, that's odd! I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Let us know how it goes! If you don't have any luck with that, then we'll be right here to help you out further.

Suggested posts