Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not work on the new Moto G

Spotify does not work on the new Moto G

So I just got my new Moto G (the one with LTE and a microsd card reader) and spotify just won't work with it! When I start it the screen is the spotify grey background but with the settings tab to the left. However I cannot press anyhting or use the app at all. The phone is on android 4.4.3 and I'm using the latest Spotify Music app.

Also now I'm not able to play any music at all the app crashes constantley. Everything else works just fine....

12 Replies

I haven't seen a grey screen but very rarely, I get a black main screen and force-quitting spotify from the running apps and restarting usually fixes it. Not sure about the constant crashes - is this something other than the blank screen which you said you can't get past?

I've had a chance to use the phone a bit more but spotify does this all the time. Sometimes I can get into the app and play a song but after a short while it stops and freezez up and only a reboot can fix it.  Open the recent view and killing the app never works. I must reboot it in order to use the phone at all.

I recommend reinstalling spotify to see if that makes any difference. If you still have issues and are using an external SD card, try removing it after uninstalling and before redownloading spotify music and see if it behaves better without the SD card.

Well when I first got the phone it was installed on my internal sd card adn I saved some playlist there aswell. This however casued the problems I described. Then I cleared caches and reinstalled and put the playlists on the external card but the problems persisted since then I have Reinstalled it about 3-4 times.

I might add that I first accidently installed the old app but I then uninstalled it and installed the new one, so this should not cause any problems.

Could you try this.

• Uninstall spotify
  • Use a file explorer to locate and delete the following folders on both internal and external storage:

\android\data\com.spotify.music

\android\data\com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

• Download and install spotify music from Play

Have done this aswell now, still the same problem.

I have the same problem with my Xiaomi Redmi Note with MIUI (based on Android 4.2.2). I solved the problem uninstalling but after a few days, the problem returns. No matter I had clear cache and erase all Spotify data with a folder root explorer...

Now I have seen the external SD card is not detected, and the phone shows the message "usb storage is damaged" and asks me to format it. If I reboot the phone, the external SD card is detected and the problem is solved.

I have the same problem with both my moto g phones. Isn't this a fault with Spotify and shouldn't they fix it? I don't know how to contact them. I'm paying premium and can't use it!

Yep, same problem. New Moto G and Spotify doesn't work.

Same problem here. Android 5.0.2. Moto G2.

Removing the SD card worked for me. Now Spotify boots right up! It continued to work after reinstalling the SD card. Thanks!

Suggested posts