Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't download all songs in the offline playlists

Spotify doesn't download all songs in the offline playlists

Hi. I have spotify premium, and almost every one of my playlists are offline, but some songs just doesn't get downloaded. I recently added the album "Hell: The Sequel" to a playlist and made it for offline use, and 3 random songs in the playlist got downloaded, and not the rest. This is really annoying becaus I don't always have a internet connection.

I use the preview version of Spotify for android. 

13 Replies

I'm having the same problem now. Anybody have advice?

Are any of the tracks showing greyed out on your desktop client?

@1111622400 wrote:

Hi. I have spotify premium, and almost every one of my playlists are offline, but some songs just doesn't get downloaded. I recently added the album "Hell: The Sequel" to a playlist and made it for offline use, and 3 random songs in the playlist got downloaded, and not the rest. This is really annoying becaus I don't always have a internet connection.

I use the preview version of Spotify for android. 

I assume you don't mean you can't play Hell's The Sequel. Can you please give a bit more detail together with your device model, android version, and spotify version. Thanks 🙂

@jeffthedecider wrote:

I'm having the same problem now. Anybody have advice?

@jwylot wrote:

I assume you don't mean you can't play Hell's The Sequel. Can you please give a bit more detail together with your device model, android version, and spotify version. Thanks 🙂

Sure.

HTC One V

Android 4

Spotify 0.6.0.20

This happens on several playlists I've made in the last couple days. One in particular is The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Question the Answers.

Thanks. You created this playlist on your mobile or on your desktop? Do all tracks show in your desktop client and are any of them greyed out or have the local file icon showing between the album and added columns?

@jwylot wrote:

Thanks. You created this playlist on your mobile or on your desktop? Do all tracks show in your desktop client and are any of them greyed out or have the local file icon showing between the album and added columns?

I created the playlist on my desktop, and added it to my phone through the "devices" section of the desktop application. None of the tracks are greyed out or are local files in the desktop client.

OK and what shows on the mobile for this playlist?

Thank you. Could you try a clean reinstall then try downloading the playlist again.

I had the same issue and resolved it by switching from extreme quality to normal quality. Is it possible that not all songs are available for extreme quality? Cheers!

That tells me that you are low on storage space on your mobile. If you have extreme quality set on your mobile, spotify will download the best quality available.

@pinguinxy wrote:
I had the same issue and resolved it by switching from extreme quality to normal quality. Is it possible that not all songs are available for extreme quality? Cheers!

That can't be because I still had 30GB free storage on my SD card and other songs just downloaded fine. The songs which don't download are always the same (e.g.

Fix You - Coldplay

Paradise - Coldplay

Every Tear Drop is a Waterfall - Coldplay

)

However, sometimes there are multiple versions of the song (EP, Album, Single, Mixtape) and others will download just fine while the exact same Song (not a remix or instrumental) from the album does not download at all. It just gets skipped whenever I try to download the album in extreme quality.

More than a decade later and this issue is still occurring. My phone has plenty of space and yet spotify doesn't download all songs marked

Suggested posts