Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't keep login data

Solved!

Spotify doesn't keep login data

I bought a new HTC One X+ and installed Spotify. Everything works perfect with one exception: Everytime I start the app I have to login again because Spotify doesnt keep my login info.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I posted my resolution here (quoted below): http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Spotify-keeps-asking-me-to-login/td-p/30137

@hyde wrote:

Hi all, I ran into this issue recently.  For those of you that still have this problem, I was able to work around the issue by temporarily enabling offline mode.  Try the following:

1) log into spotify

2) enable offline mode (Settings -> Offline mode)

3) close down spotify using your preferred method

4) launch spotify (credentials should be saved at this point)

5) disable offline mode

Credentials should be saved now and survive across reboots.  This is on spotify 0.5.11.4, gs3 i9305 stock touchwiz 4.1.2.  Note that if you ever log out, you'll have to repeat these steps.

Hopefully the spotify devs can figure this out.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey 🙂 

That is strange, I just asked my brother and he does not have this issue. 

Can you try a clean reinstallation of the application to see if that helps? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi this has started to happen on my SE Xperia Active as well! The last week I have to login everytime I start spotify. Any solutions?

I've got the same problem with my Nexus4

Spotify keeps asking me for login and pass everytime I start spotifiy.

Cleard cache, deleted spotify file, deleted spotify app, restart my device and installed spotify agein via playstore.

Didn't work.

same with my galaxy nexus

Marked as solution

I posted my resolution here (quoted below): http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Spotify-keeps-asking-me-to-login/td-p/30137

@hyde wrote:

Hi all, I ran into this issue recently.  For those of you that still have this problem, I was able to work around the issue by temporarily enabling offline mode.  Try the following:

1) log into spotify

2) enable offline mode (Settings -> Offline mode)

3) close down spotify using your preferred method

4) launch spotify (credentials should be saved at this point)

5) disable offline mode

Credentials should be saved now and survive across reboots.  This is on spotify 0.5.11.4, gs3 i9305 stock touchwiz 4.1.2.  Note that if you ever log out, you'll have to repeat these steps.

Hopefully the spotify devs can figure this out.

I was experiencing the same issue.

This solution worked perfectly, thank you!

Attached is a screenshot for those experiencing the same issue.

Settings > Playback >

Follow the above solution.

-Simon
IMG_2202.PNG

4 years later and this helped me out. Thanks! I'm sad that it helped but I'm glad you at least found a work around

Suggested posts