Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't open properly and I only see the spotify logo in the left corner

Spotify doesn't open properly and I only see the spotify logo in the left corner

Description
Since a few days the spotify app for my android (HTC one m8) doesn't work the most time. After I reboot the phone it works from time to time. But later when i reopen it (when its closed completely over the taskmanager) I only see the logo and I can't use the app.

In this state even with closing the app it consumes a lot power.

I already reinstalled the app many times following the "troubleshooting spotify" post.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?
Open the app after closing it completely.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?
Yes, and also reinstalled app.

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?
Yes

Your device
HTC One M8

Device’s Operating System
Android 4.4.4

HTC Sense 6.0

SW-No 3.28.401.6

What type of account do you have?
Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")
Space left on your device
2.8 GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)
33 GB

Is your device rooted?
No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?
If you don’t know what this means you can probably answer “No”

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?
Yes

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?
YNo

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?
Yes

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?
-

My mobile Spotify version

My mobile provider and country
Swisscom

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?
No,Facebook

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?
Facebook login

11 Replies

Do you have any task, battery or cache cleaners installed at all?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

No I have not installed something like this.

I just used the built-in cache cleaner before reinstall the app.

Would you think this might solve my problem?

Did you follow the steps in this guide for a clean install?

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Android Troubleshooting:

Yes I followed this Instruction.

What I havent tried is to format the SD-Card.

Can you try just seeing if it opens after a clean install with the SD card removed?

Android Troubleshooting:

I can't see how else to get a bug report in, so this is the closest thread. Sorry @Daniel. When I am listening to Spotify in my car, turn off the car, get out, come back and start the car, i see the last song on hold but it will not start playing no matter how many times i push the play button. (I have  2014 camry running Entune, Andriod 4.4.2) If I open the phone (Samsung Note 3), I see the panel at the bottom where the current song is listed and the little play button. Before i can poke at the play button it collapses down and I cannot retrieve it to tell it to start playing. The only workaround it  to restart the shuffle which is really annoying as I like it to continue on with the current shuffle. This doesn't happen with my Pandora account (same phone, same car). When I get out and the come back, the current track starts the second the phone connects with the car. What's a Spotify fan to do?

clint 127618782

I have the same problem, one time, I tried disabling it, force stopping it, then enabling it again and it work, but this only works sometimes.

i am experiencing the same problem as the thread editor. means, spotify doesn't run at all. or to be more precise, spotify opens, then an error message occurs ("spotify angehalten" = german for spotify crashed). 

i've tried everything except a rain dance, following the instructions given in the How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android - thread. it seems like the files in the android/data/com.spotify folder are not getting deleted, even when using this es data explorer thing. i am not using an external sd card for my device. 

i'm really frustrated right now because i really want my beloved spotify back on my mobile device (samsung galaxy s5 mini, latest android version). 

can anyone please help?!

@Fildent wrote:

i am experiencing the same problem as the thread editor. means, spotify doesn't run at all. or to be more precise, spotify opens, then an error message occurs ("spotify angehalten" = german for spotify crashed). 

i've tried everything except a rain dance, following the instructions given in the How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android - thread. it seems like the files in the android/data/com.spotify folder are not getting deleted, even when using this es data explorer thing. i am not using an external sd card for my device. 

i'm really frustrated right now because i really want my beloved spotify back on my mobile device (samsung galaxy s5 mini, latest android version). 

can anyone please help?!

Try using the pre-installed file manager on your phone to delete the folder. If you aren't rooted then ES may not have the right permissions, but the default File Manager might.

Android Troubleshooting:

Thanks for your advice, but deleting the spotify folder using the pre-installed file manager doesn't work. I get a message that the folder has been deleted but when I scroll down the list, the folder still exists. Really don't know what is left to try

@Fildent wrote:
Thanks for your advice, but deleting the spotify folder using the pre-installed file manager doesn't work. I get a message that the folder has been deleted but when I scroll down the list, the folder still exists. Really don't know what is left to try

I think you'll need to format the partition to get that folder removed. I think the Android system has locked it. 

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts