Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't recognize my phone

Spotify doesn't recognize my phone

LG 4x HD, Tried to add some local datas after about ~3 Months without adding new local datas. Spotify wont recognize my phone and thus not download any local stuff.. Spotify isnt blocked by my firewall. Tried reinstalling the app and desktop version. I am in the same WiFi Network. Nothing is download which is local..

Pretty frustrating 😕

10 Replies

How much free storage space do you have? Does the LG show under "devices" in the desktop client when spotify is running on it?

12,2 GB ... Installed drivers new, Spotify on both ends new, LG Tool and still it doesn't get recognized.. On Spotify there's just "Waiting for download".

So it doesn't appear under "devices" in the desktop client? Try these steps in order:

• Exit the spotify desktop client
  • Check that your PC and mobile are connected to the same network
  • Power off your mobile phone
  • Make sure that UPnP is enabled in the router settings
  • Temporarily disable all firewalls, antivirus and other security programmes
  • Restart your wireless router
  • Restart the desktop client and wait for it to load fully
  • Power on your mobile phone and start spotify

If the phone appears under "devices" in the desktop client, you should be able to sync your playlists.

• Are Connected (PC via Lan, Phone WiFi)
  • Turned phone multiple times off, even took the battery out
  • UPnP is enabled by default at my Router
  • Disabled Windows Firewall aswell as Avast
  • Restarted Router Multiple times

And still it doesn't get recognized.. 😕

If you have a separate router and modem, your PC needs to be connected to the router and not the modem.

Are you absolutelty sure there is nothing else running on the PC which might be blocking spotify? You remembdered to turn off windows firewall too?

Its a Speedport W 723V, so its just a router.

Just tried again, turned firewalls off, avast, phone, restarted router, opened desktop and then restarted phone and opened the app.. still not recognized. Even tried for the phone to be connected via usb but nope..

USB connection doesn't work and can actually prevent the desktop client from working with your mobile. I'm out of ideas and still suspect that something in your setup is stopping the process from working. Have alook through task manager carefully for any programme still running which could be blocking communications between spotify and your mobile.

If you can, see if it works on another wifi system.

I tried after it didn't connect to plug it via USB and try it again. Have tried to kill with Task Manager everything which isn't needed and turned every firewall/anti virus program off.. still not recognized. 😕

Quite hard to test it on another wifi System, will try to test it at a friend within next week..

Is there any special Port or anything? In the Firewall its open, so thats not the problem.. However, im not sure but I think the last time I synced local data's was before I reinstalled my system on a SSD in December..

Tried it at a friend, worked.. WTF? I just reinstalled my System on a SSD, it can't be the reason spotify doesn't recognize my phone anymore?

I can't think that using an SSD would make any difference so I still think something is stopping the desktop client from seeing your phone.

Suggested posts