Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

OnePlus 3

Operating System

Oreo (Oxygen Os 5.0.8)

My Question or Issue

Release 8.4.92.949 When used through Android auto the  latest version of Spotify results in errors when select songs directly from the library. Returns errors saying "Spotify doesn't seem to be working at the moment " and "no internet connection" and unable to play music from my library. The error messages then clear but the tracks don't play despite full internet (WiFi or mobile). Only happens when used via android auto both through the app or the car head unit. If I select a track not in my library or a playlist the error doesn't happen. The error does not manifest if android auto is not used (ie straight from the normal app interface).

Rolling back to the earlier version of Spotify (8.4.90.772) completely rectifies the problem.

Screenshot_20190215-153210.jpg
Screenshot_20190215-153158.jpg
6 Replies

Just to note that this only happens on the latest release and only when selecting an artist or album directly from the screen from my library through Android Auto and doesn't matter if it on WiFi or mobile data it still says the same errors. It can be replicated on the phone and the car head unit. Using the regular app, ie not running through Android Auto has no issues.

Having the exact same issue

Still not resolved in release 8.4.94.817

Still having to roll back to the earlier version of Spotify (8.4.90.772) to rectify the problem.

Screenshot_20190223-080831.jpg

Hey @Wibblemonster.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the late reply!

If this issue is exclusively related to using Spotify with Android Auto, then this is an issue which we are aware of.

We suggest you head on over to this thread, where you can add your vote to show that you are experiencing the issue. Make sure to leave the requested info in the comments section in the thread as well.

We'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

This is to confirm that the issue is still not resolved in the latest version, even after clean install. In addition, the album and artist lists in the library are completely random (via Android Auto).  All issues persist online via stable internet connection.

Android version: 9

Spotify version: 8.4.94.817

Android auto version: 4.0.590434

Hey @emilr78,

Thanks for letting us know. 

As @Peter mentioned, this is currently being looked into by the right team. We suggest you have a look at this thread and add any information you think might be useful 🙂 

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts