Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't seem to be working right now

Solved!

Spotify doesn't seem to be working right now

Tried Spotify in my car using Adrois Auto, worked fine, then tried the next day and received this message. laterrestarted my phone, worked again, now doesn't work again. You can hear the music though if you click the play button on the phone, but you cannot forward songs or increse decrease the volume. I don't understand???

51 Replies

I have a 17 GMC Sierra with android auto and Samsung S7 (Android Ver 7.0) and I am having the same issue.  Spotify just states it is doesn't seem to be working right now.   And when you try to select the menu button...the program attempts to load but nothing happens.

WHY???  do the forums say the issue was solved...when i do not see any legit resolution.    

WHY??? am I paying for this service when Spotify can't even respond to a frequent problem???   and try to come up with a resolution???   I am quiting the service.    Here I come Pandora.

This makes sense because I'm getting the same issue with Google play too. Sometimes the apps think you have a second session running when you use android auto. I have no issue with rocket player which is not a streaming app. Force stopping works every time.
Marked as solution

Hi there.
I had the same problem as all of you guys and read a ton of ideas and threads now. Finally i found out what the problem might be. At least it was with my car and phone (Seat Ibiza - Samsung S8). Turn off the bluetooth and the connect the USB cable. You can turn it on later if you want.

Hope that works for some of you.

The solution provided by @shaunjnz : (I've adjusted it a bit for accuracy) "Go to Settings > Battery > Under "App power monitor" select Spotify and Save power. This puts Spotify to sleep. When you go back into Android Auto, Spotify works."  This has kept the issue from occuring for many weeks now. The only issue I've encountered with this solution is that occasionally the power save setting goes away. I think this happens upon a full power-down of the phone.  But if you don't power down completely, this will fix it without having to adjust any settings or rebooting the phone prior to plugging in and launching Android Auto.

Turning off Bluetooth worked for me.
Marked as solution

This problem is very annoying.
The issue happens after swiping the spotify window (open apps screen) away on a samsung device (I have a galaxy S8+), then attemping to play Spotify on Android Auto.
The issue has nothing to do with the car itself and can be reproduced by opening android auto on the phone. (without being connected to the car)
The only resolution I found is to either restart the phone or "force stop" Spotify in settings -> apps.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Spotify app.
2. Go to open apps screen and swipe away the Spotify window to close it. (Very common action to close windows on the phone throughout the day by either swiping individually or clicking the "close all" button)
3. Open Android Auto on the phone and attempt to play Spotify.
Result - The error "Spotify doesn't seem to be working at the moment" appears.

Very annoying workaround to resolve issue:
1. Restart phone
2. Go into settings, then apps, click on Spotify, and click "force stop".
Result - Next time you open android auto you are able to successfully play Spotify without the above error appearing, but the next time you close the Spotify window in the open apps screen the error will appear in Android Auto again.

Screenshot_20170724-161528.png
Screenshot_20170724-161522.png
Screenshot_20170724-161426.png

Thanks. I was able to recreate the issue by swiping out in the open apps screen. Nice to know how to avoid the issue. I don't have to reboot to make it work again. All I have to do is force stop the app. I have an s6 edge plus.
Marked as solution

Hi. I have Huawei P10. I managed to fix this by changing the battery settings. Go to Settings and Battery. Then Lock Screen Cleanup. Remove the tick for Spotify and go back to Android Auto. It starts working and no problem after that. Hope it helps. 

I've had this problem too with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and 2017 VW Golf mk7. I solved it by turning my phone Bluetooth off before connecting the cable to my car. I made a video of this solution too, linked below

https://youtu.be/g6FBoozLW7E

@Nygma81 wrote:

Hi. I have Huawei P10. I managed to fix this by changing the battery settings. Go to Settings and Battery. Then Lock Screen Cleanup. Remove the tick for Spotify and go back to Android Auto. It starts working and no problem after that. Hope it helps. 

Finally a solution to my problem! I have a Huawei Honor 8. Thanks a lot! 

Thanks nygma81. Had same problem after Huawei P9 ran an update. This fixed issue instantly.

Thanks the force close worked, but it is poor testing by Spotify.

Suggested posts