Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn´t stay logged in and deletes offline music

Spotify doesn´t stay logged in and deletes offline music

Hi there,

I recently change phones. Now I have a Huawei P20 Pro. i installed spotify and realized that the app does not keep the login data. Every time I exit the app I have to log in again and download my music again. the app on windows works fin. It logs in automatically and does not delete files. Any thoughts?

Cheers

2 Replies

I have the same problem, I changed my phone to Samsung Galaxy A70s and ever since it keeps redownloading my songs. This happens only when I disconnect from WiFi at night for some reason - it logs me out and deletes the songs such that in the morning I have to redownload it. It doesn't delete until the next day after redownloading once. I've contacted Spotify about this, they claim to have fixed the problem twice but it still persists. 

Having gone through the page where Spotify suggests solutions,

1. I listen to my music nearly every day and my library is still deleted

2. I don't have an SD card on my phone 

3. I've reinstalled the app about 5 times, logged in and logged out a lot of times and it still keeps deleting. 

Premium worked fine on my old phone (A Galaxy C7 Pro). I don't get why I have this problem now. I've seen countless people facing this problem in the community forums since about 2013, please just fix it once and for all. 

Hi there @nilsfeldhaus83 and @shreya_m,

Thanks for posting here about this!  

There are several things to consider in this case: 

1. Do you happen to have any cache-clearing apps? If so, make sure Spotify is set as an exception. 
  2. Run a clean reinstall (different than the quick reinstall).
  3. Check out this article which explains the possible reasons this might be happening - section Downloads unexpectedly removed.

Keep us posted! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts