Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't stores offline playlist on the sd card (i tried all the forum answers)

Spotify doesn't stores offline playlist on the sd card (i tried all the forum answers)

Description

Spotify doesn't stores offline playlist on the sd card

Example:

When I try to download a playlist on my Android device (Lollipop 5.1 / BQ Aquaris M4.5 Firmware 1.1.2), the playlist doesn't stores on the sdcard.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

(We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same to try and get the same error)

1. On the device open (System) Settings and start Application Manager

2. Look for Spotify and tap it

3. Press "Clear data"

4. Press "Clear cache"

5. Uninstall the Spotify app

6. Completely turn off your device, then turn it back on again

7. Using a file explorer app on your device, or your computer with your device connected over USB:

Look for a folder called Android/data/com.spotify.music

It's usually located in \Phone\Android\data\ (or in the folder you chose on your SD card when you started Spotify the first time)

Delete the Android/data/com.spotify.music folder(s)

8. Re-install Spotify the latest version from the Play Store.

9. Hard Reset of the phone, and make a fresh install, and i got the same problem.

What I expected to happen

I want to download offline music to sdcard

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

BQ Aquaris M4.5 Firmware 1.1.2

Device’s Operating System

Lollipop 5.1

What type of account do you have?

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

Space left on your device

2 GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

... GB

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

32 GB

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

Yes

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

Yes

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

When using WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

My mobile provider and country

Movistar Spain

My username

Crispinmg

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

No

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Facebook login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?
5 Replies

I have exactly the same situation: same phone, same software system, Premium, etc... And exactly the same happens: cannot store on my SD Card!!
And it is not a problem of my SD card, since other Apps can write and save data on it! And I also already did try those several troubleshooting steps with uninstalling and reinstalling everything, and still doesn't work! I'm getting really mad at it, because I pay a monthly amount for Spotify and I am not being able to make the most out of it due to not being able to store music in my mobile device!! Help me please!!

Maybe a stupid question but have enabled this in app by going to settings / other / storage, and then selecting SD card,

I know it works well on mine.

But maybe you are having other issues.

shaun

Yes of course I tried that already, but it constantly tells me "We are not able to save files into SD Card"

Any other clue on how to fix it? Thanks

Sorry, you didnt specify in your original post,  

Do you have offline music already downloaded to internal storage? maybe this is causing an issue where you may need to delete any downloaded stuff, log out of the app, but not delete it,  re sign in then try storing on SD?

shaun

Alright mate, thanks for the advice. But how do you mean with delete the downloaded stuff? How do you suggest me to do that? Thanks!

Suggested posts