Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't work on Samsung Galaxy SIII

Solved!

Spotify doesn't work on Samsung Galaxy SIII

I've had Premium account with Spotify for some time now (a year? two?). The only reason I keep Premium account is because I can sync music to my phone: without this feature - I don't really need it..  So far Spotify app worked great with my Samsung Galaxy SIII - I never had any issues, but I dropped my phone a few days ago, and had to get a replacement/new unit. It is exactly the same model - Samsung Galaxy SIII.

I transferred my SIM and my SD cards to the new phone, and tried to install Spotify... The app goes through with installation. Spotify shows up in the app manager, and creates a shortcut icon on the main panel, but when I try to run it and it opens - there is nothing there. Blank/white page with the black band at the top where the small "button" with three horizontal lines is (at the top left of the screen). When I "click" on this "button", and the "side panel" opens - there is a blank page there too... No text whatsoever..

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Spotify at least four times. Restarted my phone million times.... I have plenty of free space on my phone: at least 8G on my phone, and another 10G on my SD card. Other apps seem to be running fine (at least so far)... 

Does anyone know how to fix it? Riding a bus without music is excruciating... 😞

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So... I just tried downloading it again less than a week later, aaand..... bOOm! it's working!!!.... Just like that. I am guessing it was a bug and they fixed it, because I haven't done anything different.  🙂
*happy dance*

View solution in original post

3 Replies

..just unmounted my SD card, and tried to reinstall without it - doesn't work either... =]

Marked as solution

So... I just tried downloading it again less than a week later, aaand..... bOOm! it's working!!!.... Just like that. I am guessing it was a bug and they fixed it, because I haven't done anything different.  🙂
*happy dance*

Awesome, enjoy your music 🙂

Suggested posts