Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Android TV crashes on startup

Spotify for Android TV crashes on startup

Hi guys, i am trying to install the Spotify for Android TV app but it keeps crashing as soon as i try to open it. I am using a Zidoo Z10 Pro mediaplayer which runs Android 9 OS and the Spotify apk i tried is the latest version 1.52, any idea why this happens?

When i read some of the comments regarding the app, i see others having the same issue and the last update is from oct 2021 so how come there is no fix yet?

5 Replies

Hey @radiuz,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you please share with us a video recording of the issue? You can upload it to another platform like YouTube or Google Drive and send us the link. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Ver,

Sure, i recorded this small videoclip showing how the app crashes on startup. You can see it here on this Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14yWLWUyyaL1GR7Aof1cBMUJ7uVMuDI01/view?usp=sharing

Worth mentioning is that i´ve tried both installing directly from the appstore as can be seen in the video but also manually by downloading and installing the apk file. Both with the same result, crash on startup.

Link to apk: <snip - moderator edit>

Hi @radiuz

Thank you for keeping in touch and sharing the video.

Could you try connecting your media player to a different internet network and check if that makes a difference? 

If it doesn't do the trick, make sure it doesn't have any pending firmware updates.

On another note, we've removed the link to the APK from your previous post. Please keep in mind that as per our Community guidelines, you can't post links to unofficial versions of the Spotify app.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

Hi MafeG,

Sorry, i only have one internet connection at home so it´s impossible for me to try another connection and the Android box/player is up to date with the latest firmware.

Ok, so what you are saying is that this app is not developed by Spotify themself but instead by some third party? That´s odd because it says in the notes the app developer is Spotify so how can that be?

Hi there @radiuz,

We understand you have no other internet connection available at hand to test. We can still suggest you creating a hotspot for yourself from your mobile device's data plan if such option is available for you. Just be aware that this might reflect on the volumes of used mobile data, so this is recommended only for short-term testing purposes.

On your other question: Older versions of the app are no longer considered to be officially stable and therefore any APKs found on other repositories are no longer supported by Spotify. That is why we always recommend keeping your apps updated to the latest versions available from our official website or the respective OS' official app store.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts