Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Android causing massive battery drain and heating of phone

Solved!

Spotify for Android causing massive battery drain and heating of phone

Hello. I recently became a Spotify Premium member after using Freefor about a year. I love the service; however, I feel that the Android app is a bit lacking. I use the downloading playlists feature to avoid having to be constantly connected to a network and therefore save battery, but have noticed that any usage of Spotify, even while listening to downloaded music in offline mode while my phone is in airplane mode causes the battery to die very quickly. 1% of drain per minute is the average, I would expect this behavior while streaming high definition video; not while listening to downloaded music. It is very frustrating to have to stop listening to my music to charge my phone after only an hour at work. Additionally, my device becomes very hot when listening to music with Spotfiy.
If this is a normal occurrence with the Android app, I would hope for a fix very soon. I am glad to be a Premium member, but am not too happy with the Android app.

My phone is the HTC EVO 3D on Sprint, if that helps with anything.

Thank you for your time.

- Ben

140 Replies

@Jigalo123 wrote:
Okay i think i solved the problem, go to Spotify.Com reset your password, then sign out of all connected spotify devices. Delete all aps and cache, reboot your phone. Download Spotify app, sign in with new password. And it all works like a charm, my battery hasnt gotten warm or drained at all since. And my energysaver doesn't continuously warn me that spotify is not using power correctly anymore. Try it!!! 🙌

I used to do that several month ago but, it is no solution since it does not solve the issue on my end

Suggested posts