Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify forgets/don't remember last played song

Spotify forgets/don't remember last played song

Hi
My app forgets last played song on normal exit (after a while) or after kill.
It started happening one or two updates ago.

I've already tried full uninstalling and deleting all spotify folders and files from my phone.
Didn't helped and of course I have to redownload all offline content...

Any solutions / workarounds for this mega frustrating bug?

My phone is Galaxy S with CM11 nightly.

PS. For last 3 months I feel like a beta tester and I'm paying for this...

27 Replies

Apparently it doesn't work only when in off-line mode.

Just switching off the off-line mode brings back the track I was listening (if no other track has been listened to on another device with the same account).

Is there a dev from Spotify reading this thread? Or should I report the bug somewhere else?

@Sillik wrote:

Apparently it doesn't work only when in off-line mode.

Just switching off the off-line mode brings back the track I was listening (if no other track has been listened to on another device with the same account).

Is there a dev from Spotify reading this thread? Or should I report the bug somewhere else?

This is a community of Spotify users; ordinarily the developers don't read all the posts here. You contact Spotify Support using the form here and they may be able to pass your request on.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

The widget on my phone (Galaxy S4) still goes blank all the time.   Very frustrating to have to open the app everytime I want to use it.

Thanks for the info.

I will fill the form...

This is happening to me now after the latest update. Even if I put Spotify in the background for about 15 mins then come back to unpause the track I was listening to it loses it. Very annoying.

For me it only happens when I'm in off-line mode (which I like to use to keep track of what I'm listening to on my phone independently of what I listen to on my computer). If the app is killed off the memory, I need to deactivate off-line mode and suddenly it remembers where it was when last listened to in offline mode!

I filled a bug report a long time ago but I have lost hope...

Yeah I'm the same, in Offline Mode. I have large playlists and like to shuffle them all so when it loses its place it really bugs me since I need to reshuffle. It goes back to the track I was on when I go back to Online but the place of the actual shuffle is gone when I go back to Offline Mode so no luck there, I just need them to fix it 😞

I am working through a large (7k+ songs) playlist, and have been for the past 2 months. When Spotify crashes, (fairly often), it takes up to 10 minutes to get back to where I was on the playlist. Spotify shows the "last played" song as one that was played over 4 weeks ago. I'm currently going through the playlist at 100 to 200 songs per day. It is not my list, but one posted by a Spotify user.

Suggested posts